Airbag rattle

phan10ms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R, '06 AP2 S2000
Country flag
Started hearing a rattle that was coming from the driver side and thought it was the vents but came to find out that it's coming from the airbag. It stops when I put slight pressure on it with my finger. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Started hearing a rattle that was coming from the driver side and thought it was the vents but came to find out that it's coming from the airbag. It stops when I put slight pressure on it with my finger. Anyone else having this issue?
ah, makes me wonder if that's what I hear. Is it a really faint rattle? I only hear a faint one when no music is on. I thought it was from the tweeter mesh

OP
OP
phan10ms

phan10ms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R, '06 AP2 S2000
Country flag
ah, makes me wonder if that's what I hear. Is it a really faint rattle? I only hear a faint one when no music is on. I thought it was from the tweeter mesh
Yeh it was faint but I can hear it rattle when I shut the door. Anyway, I was able to resolve it by removing the airbag and found that the thick wire was tapping the steering wheel plate slightly. I wrapped the wire was some foam and all is well.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Yeh it was faint but I can hear it rattle when I shut the door. Anyway, I was able to resolve it by removing the airbag and found that the thick wire was tapping the steering wheel plate slightly. I wrapped the wire was some foam and all is well.
I was just going to say this. It’s easy to take this entire assembly out.

PSA: Granted I recommend disconnecting the battery for safety. Please consult a manual for your own safety.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ah, okay, not the issue I'm having then. I only hear it when driving

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
ah, okay, not the issue I'm having then. I only hear it when driving

Is yours like a rattling/clicking that resolves if you kinda rest your hand on and stabilize the airbag? This is what I’m having, it’s driving me crazy

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is yours like a rattling/clicking that resolves if you kinda rest your hand on and stabilize the airbag? This is what I’m having, it’s driving me crazy
Nah so my rattle was coming from the driver side pillar.

Since this excessive heat...it must have expanded something and no longer rattles lol
Sponsored