• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Air Vent phone mounts?

ken_r34

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I noticed the integra has that annoying honeycomb design that doesn't allow traditional phone mounts to mount onto the vents. What phone mounts are you guys using? (Links/sources please for everyone to view.)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I noticed the integra has that annoying honeycomb design that doesn't allow traditional phone mounts to mount onto the vents. What phone mounts are you guys using? (Links/sources please for everyone to view.)
I stick mine on the wireless charger...

OP
OP
ken_r34

ken_r34

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I stick mine on the wireless charger...
Android auto maps is kind of dogshit. I will need to still stick with my phone for maps therefore i need something top mounted.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
I wonder if this could be installed on the vent to the left of the driver. That would be a nice convenient spot to mount a KTuner V2

Encoura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes GLC, Ram 1500, Transit Van
The mounts clip into the seams of the car. I am not sure if the seams are the same on the left side but if it would that could be a nice situation.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Looks like a terrible design. Why would I want to wedge a piece of plastic between two panels? Itā€™ll definitely deform the plastic around it.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Looks like a terrible design. Why would I want to wedge a piece of plastic between two panels? Itā€™ll definitely deform the plastic around it.
I had something similar from ProClip in a couple of my previous cars, but they mounted down on the console - I don't like blocking air vents - and there was no problem with the car's plastics deforming.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I had something similar from ProClip in a couple of my previous cars, but they mounted down on the console - I don't like blocking air vents - and there was no problem with the car's plastics deforming.
But this wedges between the soft injection molded plastic under the entertainment screen and textured plastic above the vents.

The hard plastic wonā€™t deform. But the padded dash part will. Those pieces are supposed to be flush. Shoving something in there is a bad idea.

Encoura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes GLC, Ram 1500, Transit Van
The lower seam is between two hard plastic panels and the top seam is between a hard plastic panel and rubber dash top. There should be no concern at all with damaging the dash. I have them in my vehicles and have had them in other vehicles. Took the mounts off to sell the vehicles and never had any concerns. This company makes mounts for a lot of different cars and trucks, and some are $250K cars. I would think if there was a concern, they would hear about it.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
No but thatā€™s dope!
Man, I guess I'll be the Guinea pig. I was worried about vibration but this still looks more solid than what my idea is so far.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
As long as the grips don't cover your buttons! The first phone mount I got for my Teggy, I didn't notice until I pulled onto the highway. Then the 911 Dispatcher was like, "Sir do you have an emergency or not...". Whoops.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Man, I guess I'll be the Guinea pig. I was worried about vibration but this still looks more solid than what my idea is so far.
If I find the Mount Iā€™m using Iā€™ll send to you; got it from another user on here from amazon. Said it was for Tesla but itā€™s universal. Stuck it to inner area near wireless phone pad and looks pretty nice. Currently using a 1 ft braided cable for wiring to the usb for 3d sound