air vent closing by itself

deputy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
As long as the vent stays in the place I put it while I'm using it, I don't care if it moves upward in the heat- which mine definitely does- but only the middle left vent.

It's annoying, but I'm far more frustrated with the start up grinding.
I had the issue with the vent moving on it's own. Brought it to the dealership, and they fixed it. No more issues.
Sponsored

amarok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone noticed a lot of rattling coming from the dash when the vent control is set to front only?? If i have it switched to floor only or defrost there is no noise, it is just when its set to front and turned on...

amarok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I've mentioned it to my dealer but am hesitant to have them tear apart the dash

amarok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Did you by chance get any of the interior light accessories installed? I wonder if it is a cable not tied down properly from that?

marzoxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I had the same problem with the vent moving by itself in hot weather. I was debating if I should say something to my dealer since this car is brand new for them or just keep it like that since is no big deal.But decided to let them know altogether with other problems.They replaced that middle piece only with the two vents.I don't think they had to remove the whole dash.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
There's apparently a special tool that you need to use occasionally when the vent moves by itself.

I've tried a couple times and using it once does the trick, until the next day it's hot again, but again, the tool is very easy to use and takes minimal effort.

Using the tool occasionally will probably be better than the dealer serviceboy taking apart the entire dash, inevitably creating rattles.

The tool looks like this, although some versions may look slightly different than others.

Honda Civic 10th gen air vent closing by itself {filename}
Hahahahaha

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I had the issue with the vent moving on it's own. Brought it to the dealership, and they fixed it. No more issues.
How long did it take? The airvent part has still been on backorder for 4 months already for me..

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring MSM
Country flag
My dealership said there's nothing they can do to fix it. :(

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
My dealership claimed they couldn't reproduce the issue and that showing them a video on my phone wasn't good enough. Really stupid, it does it almost every single day here in Phoenix when it gets hot after sitting for a while.

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My dealership reproduced it, not just in my car but one on the lot. Still said there was nothing they could do. They kind of acted like I was being petty. I know it's a first world problem and not really a big deal...but it's a new car and this shouldn't be happening. AND...it needs to be fixed on future models, which I also told them.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
My dealership reproduced it, not just in my car but one on the lot. Still said there was nothing they could do. They kind of acted like I was being petty. I know it's a first world problem and not really a big deal...but it's a new car and this shouldn't be happening. AND...it needs to be fixed on future models, which I also told them.
Just put a freezer vent clip on it, and you'll be good. Fixes the issue, and the car smells better to boot.

You told them it needed to be fixed on the future models? I'm sure the techs at your dealership will make sure and contact Honda corporate and tell them they better get it lined out or else, because ya know, they got alot of pull. :p

Julie1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Vent clip won't work for me, I'm not a fan of those, they mask the wonderful smell of the leather seats. :p As far as letting them know, at least I said something and it's on record. If it doesn't go farther, oh well, I'm not buying a new Civic in the next few years.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
Vent clip won't work for me, I'm not a fan of those, they mask the wonderful smell of the leather seats. :p As far as letting them know, at least I said something and it's on record. If it doesn't go farther, oh well, I'm not buying a new Civic in the next few years.
I love the smell of leather too, but you've gotta smell the "Gain" vent clip by Febreeze. It's that warm, clean clothes smell all in your car. :yes:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
My dealership claimed they couldn't reproduce the issue and that showing them a video on my phone wasn't good enough. Really stupid, it does it almost every single day here in Phoenix when it gets hot after sitting for a while.
Turn your heat up all the way, that will make the ac vent go up ):
Sponsored