Banned
First Name
Rigby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I noticed today that when I have my air temp at the lowest temp setting, its cold. However as soon as I turn the dial to 16c the air comes out warm. Theres a massive temperature difference between the lowest setting and increasing the temperature by 1 degree. Is this normal? I wanted cool air but not cold air and there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that even when the AC is turned on.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or is there a malfunction with my cars blend doors for the fans. Thanks!!
That's honda for ya
Sponsored

OP
OP

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies guys. It resolved itself when I restarted my car. The amount of computers in these modern cars really does resolve itself when asked "did you turn it of and on again?".

OP
OP

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
That seems normal. The temperature setting you are adjusting is for the cabin temperature, not the air vent temperature. Setting the temperature to "Lo" means you want the cabin to be as cold as possible, so cold air will come out of the vents. Setting the temperature to "15.5" or whatever is one step above "Lo" means you want the cabin at that temperature, so warm air will come out of the vents until it hits 15.5 degrees inside your car. It's similar to setting the temperature on the thermostat inside your house. If you set your house at 20, in winter the air that comes out of the vents will be much warmer than 20. In summer, the air that comes out will be much cooler than 20.
When sync or automatic climate is on it does this, the car controls the temp coming out of the vents but my auto was off. Lo gave cold air from outside. But the next step above Lo was 15.5 and the air was coming out Hot, not even warm. I restarted my car and it resolved itself.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
When sync or automatic climate is on it does this, the car controls the temp coming out of the vents but my auto was off. Lo gave cold air from outside. But the next step above Lo was 15.5 and the air was coming out Hot, not even warm. I restarted my car and it resolved itself.
Did it really? I haven’t tried restarting it. But then again it only does it when it’s really cold out. But I did notice if I select bi-level so it blows out at your feet a bit it seems to help out. I guess maybe the temp sensor might be located under the dash or something.

nothingclever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I discovered this exact problem in my 2016 Civic EX (USA) this morning. It is 40 degrees outside but I needed AC because I had just come from the gym. I put it on 58F and warm air. I put it down one notch to LOw and then it blows extremely cold air. I know there was a problem with the AC units on the cars but not sure if this counts. However, I usually put it on 75F now in the winter (I have only had the car for 3 months/in this cool/cold season).

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I discovered this exact problem in my 2016 Civic EX (USA) this morning. It is 40 degrees outside but I needed AC because I had just come from the gym. I put it on 58F and warm air. I put it down one notch to LOw and then it blows extremely cold air. I know there was a problem with the AC units on the cars but not sure if this counts. However, I usually put it on 75F now in the winter (I have only had the car for 3 months/in this cool/cold season).
Yes you are describing my exact problem. Try putting in in bi-level next time to see if that helps. It’s not perfect but it helps. I really think the sensor must be mounted under the dash

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
If the car is at 40 F and you set the ac to 58 F it is supposed to blow warm air until the sensor reads somewhere near 58 F. It is not supposed to blow at 58 F from the beginning and it can't do such a thing.

nothingclever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yes you are describing my exact problem. Try putting in in bi-level next time to see if that helps. It’s not perfect but it helps. I really think the sensor must be mounted under the dash
What is bi-level?
Edit: I see that by bi-level you mean both the Face and Feet settings.

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is bi-level?
Edit: I see that by bi-level you mean both the Face and Feet settings.
Yes. That way it blows some to the feet. I’m thinking the temp sensor might be located under the dash because it seems to respond better that way when it’s cold outside.
Sponsored