First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Hey Guys

I have the 2019 Civic Sport with No Turbo, and I was wondering if 1- could I add a turbo to the engine I have? And 2- would an air intake help at all if I don’t have the Turbo?

Thanks Guys!
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Hey Guys

I have the 2019 Civic Sport with No Turbo, and I was wondering if 1- could I add a turbo to the engine I have? And 2- would an air intake help at all if I don’t have the Turbo?

Thanks Guys!
Are you referring to power? If so, an after market intake won’t net you anything. You could in essence set yourself up with a turbo - but, it will cost you more than just purchasing the model that was already set-up that way.
I believe that KTuner has some base tunes for the 2.0L - that’s all you would need really.

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Are you referring to power? If so, an after market intake won’t net you anything. You could in essence set yourself up with a turbo - but, it will cost you more than just purchasing the model that was already set-up that way.
I believe that KTuner has some base tunes for the 2.0L - that’s all you would need really.
Do tunes help with mileage?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Hey Guys

Thanks Guys!
No offense but anyone that doesn't know the answers to these questions has no business adding a turbo to anything.

Will an intake help? It won't hurt!

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I never understand why Honda call it a sport and use the 2L engine.
How else would they sell them to the unsuspecting public lol

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
I never understand why Honda call it a sport and use the 2L engine.
Yea I got it since it was in my budget and actually looked good, with the intention of just adding whatever I wanted down the road

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Do tunes help with mileage?
Actually they do (KTuner at least). The trim is leaned just a bit and thus you get a bit more bang for the buck.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Well that’s why I’m here to learn and get tips
With enough money, sure absolutely, you can add a turbo to almost anything.
The reason why it would cost you more, is due to it having to be a custom setup, since there's no real market support by way of ez-pz bolt up setup for your model.

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
With enough money, sure absolutely, you can add a turbo to almost anything.
The reason why it would cost you more, is due to it having to be a custom setup, since there's no real market support by way of ez-pz bolt up setup for your model.
So i wouldn't be able to just get the same parts as the ones that come stock on the Civic w/ Turbo and get them installed?

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
So i wouldn't be able to just get the same parts as the ones that come stock on the Civic w/ Turbo and get them installed?
Unfortunately no since you have a different motor.
The turbo civics are 1.5L whereas yours is a 2.0L.
You wouldn't be able to bolt 1.5L parts onto yours.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have both cars a 1.5t hatchback and a 2.0 sport coupe. Obviously the 1.5t is more powerful and faster. But I honestly don’t have a problem with the 2.0 engine. It’s much better than the r18 I had on on older civic. It’s smooth. It’s easy to rev. Power is pretty linear. I just added an intake and I have driven 2 days with no music just so I can hear the engine sounds. It’s sounds great. Am I expecting 60hp? No, that was never the point. The point was to mod and have a better driving experience. My 2.0 has only 2800 miles so I will eventually be getting ktuner but didn’t want to just yet. Throttle response is better and there is more power for sure.

On the other hand, my hatchback also has an intake. But I don’t think it does much. The sound is definitely not as noticeable as on the 2.0. Throttle has always been pretty responsive. But I have hondata on my 1.5t so I don’t know what is what. What causes the car to drive better?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I have both cars a 1.5t hatchback and a 2.0 sport coupe. Obviously the 1.5t is more powerful and faster. But I honestly don’t have a problem with the 2.0 engine. It’s much better than the r18 I had on on older civic. It’s smooth. It’s easy to rev. Power is pretty linear. I just added an intake and I have driven 2 days with no music just so I can hear the engine sounds. It’s sounds great. Am I expecting 60hp? No, that was never the point. The point was to mod and have a better driving experience. My 2.0 has only 2800 miles so I will eventually be getting ktuner but didn’t want to just yet. Throttle response is better and there is more power for sure.

On the other hand, my hatchback also has an intake. But I don’t think it does much. The sound is definitely not as noticeable as on the 2.0. Throttle has always been pretty responsive. But I have hondata on my 1.5t so I don’t know what is what. What causes the car to drive better?
Yes you will see that the ktuner will make the 2.0 more fun to drive and more top end. I also got the 2.0 and 1.5t. I love my 2.0. I’ve got it tuned and a stage 2 acuity shift kit and it is a blast to drive. Love the sound of it. About to add a dbx Flowmaster and resonator delete and dual tips to give it a bump in sound and better look

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Yes you will see that the ktuner will make the 2.0 more fun to drive and more top end. I also got the 2.0 and 1.5t. I love my 2.0. I’ve got it tuned and a stage 2 acuity shift kit and it is a blast to drive. Love the sound of it. About to add a dbx Flowmaster and resonator delete and dual tips to give it a bump in sound and better look
So how much of a difference does the intake and the tuner make? is it a subtle but enjoyable difference or is a big difference?
Sponsored