ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
I have searched the forum and can't seem to find an accurate answer to this. I have Flashpro on my si and prl short ram. I switch between tsp stage 1 and PowerMetrics Stage 1 depending on what I'm doing. My concern is I've noticed a big difference in my AFR on the 2 tunes. On tsp under boost my AF is usually around 11.3 to 11.8 and with PowerMetrics it's between 13.8 and 14.2. I understand the tsp tune typically is running rich but I want to make sure this is ok for the car, my other concern is why the PowerMetrics runs stoich. So looking for some clarification on which tune I should run just based off the AFR? Thanks
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It obviously depends on the tune itself and the way they set up the fuel tables / AFR targets. That being said, from what I've read it's generally favourable to run a bit rich under high boost/high RPM which helps with preventing pre-ignition etc. I've always heard it's better to run rich than lean.

Never heard of this PowerMetrics tune, but I'd trust Derek and TSPs AFR target logic. Just my $0.02.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
11's AFR with high boost is ok, this is done for reliability, richer AFR has a cooling effect avoiding knock and high EGT. Running leaner or stoich at high boost is really bad and can lead to a catastrophic failure in matter of seconds.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
11's AFR with high boost is ok, this is done for reliability, richer AFR has a cooling effect avoiding knock and high EGT. Running leaner or stoich at high boost is really bad and can lead to a catastrophic failure in matter of seconds.
So my PowerMetrics tune at around 14.2 is not good your saying? The tune is locked so I can't adjust anything and since the tsp seems to be where I need to be i think I might switch back for daily driving.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
I don't know this tune, i guess they left the factory A/F ratio like stock but if you are wot in the 13's is very bad. Honda is lean from factory but you are running much higher boost for sure when tuned this is why base maps or tsp are richer

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
So my PowerMetrics tune at around 14.2 is not good your saying? The tune is locked so I can't adjust anything and since the tsp seems to be where I need to be i think I might switch back for daily driving.
14.2 at what load? No, 14.2 at wot is not good, are you sure you measured it correctly?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Powermetrics tune for the 10th Gen Civics iirc are made by Daniel Butler. While he has many years of tuning experience and on previous gen platforms, there are several notable 10th Gens having blown up their motors while on his tunes. Now were the tunes to blame for it I don't know but I've seen more motors blown up from Powermetrics vs TSP for our current 10th gens.

TSP tunes for the 10th Gens are made by Derek Robinson fyi.
Sponsored