Gager122

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I was wondering what would be a good option for a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe. I’m not looking for power gains just a better sound per say and air flow. Any risks when doing this to a car, just bought the car last week and this is my first Honda that’s worth some money. Last car in mine was a Jaguar and I never did anything to it because of the fact parts were pricy.
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Plenty of options. I’m probably forgetting a few but here is a list

Oiled DryFoam
K&N
33-5044
AEM Dryflow
28-50044
HKS Super
70017-AH118
aFe Pro 5R
30-10267
aFe Pro Dry S
31-10267
ITG
WB-300
Green Filter
Blitz SUS Power LM
BMC
FB945/01
Sprint
P1078S

Last edited:

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
Any of what The Vyzitor Mentioned would be appropriate for your car and it wouldn't put your car in any particular risk(s).

From my own personal experience, the K&N 33-5044 did wonders to the car as it allowed it flow a bit better and you can hear the induction a quite a bit as well. (dont expect too much from simply changing a filter however.... keep that in mind).

Now if you want more flow, more induction sound, and more overall performance, you'll have to upgrade that part to an aftermarket Cold Air Intake or Short Ram Intake... or which ever variant of the two that they have on the market. But when you do that, this is where you'll put your car in more of a risky situation (if any... minuscule to say the least).

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I switched to the K&N filter on my 17 EXT. In fact I just did maintenance on the filter last weekend for the first time. It provides a bit more induction sound, and dyno tests on Youtube Engineering Explained show it adds about 3% to power. I tell myself that I feel it in a more robust throttle response.

OP
OP

Gager122

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Plenty of options. I’m probably forgetting a few but here is a list

OiledDryFoam
K&N
33-5044
AEM Dryflow
28-50044
HKS Super
70017-AH118
aFe Pro 5R
30-10267
aFe Pro Dry S
31-10267
ITG
WB-300
Green Filter
Blitz SUS Power LM
BMC
FB945/01
Sprint
P1078S
Thank you very much!

n45w73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe 2018
Country flag
In the past I used 3 cones K&N on my last 3 cars, the last one slightly start to deteriorate after 10-11 years !!! I sent 2 picture to K&N and few days after I got a brand new one warranty free!!! With oil filter you will need to re-oil it so it take a bit of time just be sure not to make it dripping oil. I also had for 2 years an AEM dry Flow and it was pretty good I dont know what happen after that , I sold that car :p Im going to buy an AEM Dry flow for my CivicCoupe until I decide if I'll install or not and coldair intake ... I never try the others brands ... and btw K&N own AEM ... :)

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I put in an AEM Dryflow after worrying about the K&N oil filters clogging my MAF. I had a K&N on my previous Civic. My AEM filter upped the induction noise a whole lot in addition to the PRL Silicone hose.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I put in an AEM Dryflow after worrying about the K&N oil filters clogging my MAF. I had a K&N on my previous Civic. My AEM filter upped the induction noise a whole lot in addition to the PRL Silicone hose.
I’ve bought a few of the filters I listed and my preferred filter so far is the HKS Super. The induction noise is noticeable and it seems like it filters well. The top/engine side of the filter is clean, and I notice no fine dust in the top half of the air box or within the MAF housing. Since the HKS Super Hybrid isn’t officially available for our cars, I’m actually planning to use a Super Hybrid replacement element cut to fit in the Super frame just to test it out.

The aFe Pro Dry S was well made filter but didn’t seem to make much of a difference compared to OEM. I went back to OEM after a few weeks. Maybe a hair better throttle response but not enough to be worth it.

I also have a new PRL/Green Filter and new AEM Dryflow, both that I haven’t used yet. I haven’t used a K&N in years. Last two cars I had a K&N intake on, I ended up using a different brand cone filter on the K&N intake, and threw the K&N cone away.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I’ve bought a few of the filters I listed and my preferred filter so far is the HKS Super. The induction noise is noticeable and it seems like it filters well. The top/engine side of the filter is clean, and I notice no fine dust in the top half of the air box or within the MAF housing. Since the HKS Super Hybrid isn’t officially available for our cars, I’m actually planning to use a Super Hybrid replacement element cut to fit in the Super frame just to test it out.

The aFe Pro Dry S was well made filter but didn’t seem to make much of a difference compared to OEM. I went back to OEM after a few weeks. Maybe a hair better throttle response but not enough to be worth it.

I also have a new PRL/Green Filter and new AEM Dryflow, both that I haven’t used yet. I haven’t used a K&N in years. Last two cars I had a K&N intake on, I ended up using a different brand cone filter on the K&N intake, and threw the K&N cone away.
Ah man, should've read that before purchasing the AEM. That's good to know in the future though. I think after this if I decide to mess with the intake I'd go CAI with the 27WON CAI.

I did notice a bit more pep with the Silicon hose though, but all of this could've been in my head since while I was putting all this in, my TSP tune was being applied as well.
Sponsored