Air filter box bolt broke. How to remove?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Does anyone know how to remove the shoulder nut bolts and replace from the top part of the airbox?

The front left bolt got rusty, seized and I snapped it when unscrewed it today. 3 bolts still seems to get a very good seal on the airbox, but my OCD…😬
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Use a bolt extractor and drill into it?

OP
OP
SDAlexander8

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Use a bolt extractor and drill into it?
I’ve got enough of the threaded part of the bottom part of the bolt sticking out of the hole to grab onto with some pliers. I’m talking about the top part of the bolt with the washer, you can’t pull it out of the top portion of the airbox.

OP
OP
SDAlexander8

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So i figured it out. The threads of the bolts go through a set of threads on the top part of the air box and another set of threads on the bottom part. Once it is unscrewed from the bottom part of the airbox, lift the bolt up where it stops and unscrew from the top part of the air box.

The bottom part of the bolt that rusted and seized i was able to use vice grips and penetrating oil. It was seized pretty bad, i thought there was a real possibility i would break the plastic of the airbox the way it was bending. Luckily all is good and i used some anti-seize on all the bolts. Hopefully that helps.
Sponsored