DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a 19 and Honda warrantied my repair. It was a pretty big job apparently.
Crap. I have the extended warranty so I am not expecting any issues with that. Any idea what was done to fix it? Same issue with cold air only coming out of the passenger side?

thanks
Sponsored

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Crap. I have the extended warranty so I am not expecting any issues with that. Any idea what was done to fix it? Same issue with cold air only coming out of the passenger side?

thanks
I had made a thread. My last post has all info https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/a-c-blowing-hot.42826/#post-710122

As far as cold air only coming out of one side that is usually due to low freon and the cold side being closer to the compressor (this is my experience is previous vehicles).

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
So ever since I bought my 2019 CTR l've never been impressed with it's AC performance. I live in the south and when temps get close to ninty I'm always on the verge of sweating. I took it to the dealer and they made sure it had the exact amount of freon ( apparently critical) and it helped, but not much. A year later (4,000 miles) I'm driving along and wow I hear this squealing noise and then no AC So back to the dealer and they had to replace the compresser, dryer and condenser. Hopefully now my AC issues are behind me now?

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I noticed that the AC lacks in the balance between lower and upper air. I feel that when you have both on, that not enough air is supplied to the upper and too much is provided to lower. I wish I could somehow change this, but just resort to using upper air only and this helps immensely with cooling me down.

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
AC was out on my 2017, low pressure reading ~10 psi. Filled it with 8oz of Honeywell 1234yf to ~35/40 psi now it’s freezing #win (for now anyway)

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Have the dealer check for cracks in the A/C compressor housing. Mine had a crack coming off the boat. Made for a very un-fun drive from southern Louisiana to Atlanta in the middle of summer.

It has been ice cold ever since, even in 100F, 100% humidity weather, so anyone saying that they've had issues with the car getting/staying cold definitely has something wrong.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I test drove a 2009 Civic Si on a 95 degree day and never stopped sweating. Didn't buy the car because of it. It hasn't been quite that hot yet this year, but the AC on the 2020 seems to work great even in traffic. I just leave it in auto.
Sponsored