oreohatch

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Country flag
My wife got her 2020 Hatchback in September and I used her car yesterday and had the AC on. It wasn't blowing cool air and there was a loud hissing sound coming from the vents.

is this a common issue on 10th gens? We're getting it serviced this weekend I just want to know what I should expect. We haven't been using the AC lately because of how cold it usually is but yesterday was just particularly a warm day so we don't know how long it's been an issue
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Yeah the AC seems to be a weak point on this car you got warranty?

OP
OP
oreohatch

oreohatch

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Country flag
Yeah the AC seems to be a weak point on this car you got warranty?
Yeah, should still be covered by the manufacturer's. It's not even 6 mos old. Glad to know that it isn't that uncommon. Misery loves company

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My AC is crap and always has been, I really should have taken it in before I hit 60k but I didn't want the dealer working on my car.

OP
OP
oreohatch

oreohatch

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Country flag
My AC is crap and always has been, I really should have taken it in before I hit 60k but I didn't want the dealer working on my car.
How crappy are we talking about?

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
yes i noticed my a/c went out at 10k. i finally had time to take the car in and its gona be in there for 7-10 days as they source all the parts from all over the country and fix it.

they are gonna replace the entire system and thankfully this happened while im still under warranty as i imagine itd be quite expensive if it wasn’t.

OP
OP
oreohatch

oreohatch

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Country flag
How crappy are we talking about
yes i noticed my a/c went out at 10k. i finally had time to take the car in and its gona be in there for 7-10 days as they source all the parts from all over the country and fix it.

they are gonna replace the entire system and thankfully this happened while im still under warranty as i imagine itd be quite expensive if it wasn’t.
Did you get a loaner from the dealership? Thanks for sharing your experience

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My wife got her 2020 Hatchback in September and I used her car yesterday and had the AC on. It wasn't blowing cool air and there was a loud hissing sound coming from the vents.

is this a common issue on 10th gens? We're getting it serviced this weekend I just want to know what I should expect. We haven't been using the AC lately because of how cold it usually is but yesterday was just particularly a warm day so we don't know how long it's been an issue
Did you have the AC toggled on through the head unit? Mine will just blow air sometimes if its not turned on.

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
Did you get a loaner from the dealership? Thanks for sharing your experience
i didnt, but i didn’t ask/they didnt offer.
i have another vehicle and i take a shuttle to work so im not really sweatin it.

using dealer courtesy shuttle for pickup/dropoff too.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
How crappy are we talking about?
In the summer generally the car struggles to get into the mid 70s internally. It's no doubt worse than the elantra and srt4 I drove before that. One trick I've learned is a big sock full of cat litter under the seat to dehumidify the cabin helps.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
2 months ownership of 2019 and I had the AC compressor replaced. The reason I went in is because of whistling/chriping noises whenever the AC is on.

The ACs on this gen are notoriously weak. Don't expect instant cold air even if you set it at lowest.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I'm not sure what I'm more shocked by....the A/C dying in a brand new civic or the fact you're able to use A/C in February. Definitely, the latter..... Lucky....

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
A/C is a common issue for our 10th gens. So the sooner you can get it fix the better, before summer hits. Just hope your condenser isn't on back order

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
had compressor replaced twice. third trip they replaced the evaporator. been going strong since but i don't expect that to last.

OP
OP
oreohatch

oreohatch

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Country flag
2 months ownership of 2019 and I had the AC compressor replaced. The reason I went in is because of whistling/chriping noises whenever the AC is on.

The ACs on this gen are notoriously weak. Don't expect instant cold air even if you set it at lowest.
Aw man! I heard that and it was loud!
Sponsored