Air Conditioning Failure on driver's side

AaCooks

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback ex
My car is 2017 hatchback ex and it was doing the same thing. I took it to a local mechanic who wouldn’t charge me to look at it since Honda wanted to charge me 350$ just to run tests, anyway, he said it was low on refrigerant, I also told him how at one point it was blowing ice in my face and he said the cabin air filter needed to be replaced, checked it out and it was full of dirt and debris. Next, I told him I had gotten it serviced last year at Honda and they had changed the condenser since it had been faulty, Honda replaced that part for free including labor, well he looked At it and right away noticed that it was leaking from the part where you recharge the Freon and since Honda lost my caps I thought it was because of that but he said my coils are bad, that the seals go bad after a while. He changed the coils that I bought myself from o’reillys and recharged it with the Freon I bought. It cost 150$ for it to be recharged with new coils. I bought two cans of Freon but we ended up only using one so I guess it was 100$ a can of R1234y is 44$ from Honeywell. I’m in triple digits in texas but the temp is the same on both sides again.
Maybe try to see if someone can diagnose it for free before taking it to the dealership since they will always charge an arm and a leg just to look at it.

side note, I feel like Honda should Look at ac’s in 10th gen Hondas for free because it seems like they all have issues with ac.
Sponsored

AlexBall2017

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hello, I have a 2019 civic sport hatchback, and my a/c is blowing hot air on the driver side and cold air on the passenger side when then a/c is on low. I have already put stop/leak and refrigerant in the system (R-1234yf) and it went out again after about a week and half to 2 weeks later. I was wondering if somebody had another idea as to what I could try to assess to fix my problem. thank you in advance.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, I have a 2019 civic sport hatchback, and my a/c is blowing hot air on the driver side and cold air on the passenger side when then a/c is on low. I have already put stop/leak and refrigerant in the system (R-1234yf) and it went out again after about a week and half to 2 weeks later. I was wondering if somebody had another idea as to what I could try to assess to fix my problem. thank you in advance.
Sounds like you may have a leaking condenser. It is a known problem that Honda has extended the warranty on the part for 10 years. Do a search here - lots of threads on here about it. Take it to the dealer to diagnose and replace.
Sponsored