Air Conditioning Failure on driver's side

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
after about 29 months, I noticed my driver's side A/C not working. It was just blowing air on a hot day. Took it into the dealer who said some hose needed to be replaced. On initial inspection, they accused me of contaminating the refrigerant according to their diagnostic tool, which was later refuted when they used the same tool on another civic. So in the meantime, they are waiting for a replacement of whatever the machine is they need to diagnose and fully repair my A/C. This is pretty disheartening that something as basic as this is getting messed up just under my warranty.

Also, they said they'll fully refill the refrigerant upon repair since i only had about "20% left". I am not sure how that's possible given my previous 2002 civic's A/C lasted 13 years.

I am hoping it's just the driver's side that's messed up. The passenger's side does feel a tiny bit cooler, but it's just a tiny bit.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
after about 29 months, I noticed my driver's side A/C not working. It was just blowing air on a hot day. Took it into the dealer who said some hose needed to be replaced. On initial inspection, they accused me of contaminating the refrigerant according to their diagnostic tool, which was later refuted when they used the same tool on another civic. So in the meantime, they are waiting for a replacement of whatever the machine is they need to diagnose and fully repair my A/C. This is pretty disheartening that something as basic as this is getting messed up just under my warranty.

Also, they said they'll fully refill the refrigerant upon repair since i only had about "20% left". I am not sure how that's possible given my previous 2002 civic's A/C lasted 13 years.

I am hoping it's just the driver's side that's messed up. The passenger's side does feel a tiny bit cooler, but it's just a tiny bit.
I don't think this helps at all,but I've had two different temps coming out of my driver and passenger side even when the synch button is activated,and the tech told me,yes theyve seen this in a lot of civics.

darrenjuggins

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.6 EX i-Dtec & MR2 Roadster (Mk3)
Country flag
Hi,

I've got this problem with my car in the UK, it's not normally that hot here, but yesterday it was and experienced the same as you, the passenger side is chilly cold (A/C Cold) and the Drivers Side is Cool, but not cold.

It will be in the dealer next week, lets hope it's just a pipe issue.

let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Darren

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Any update on this?
I recently have gotten same issue on my 2016 ex sedan. Driver side blows hot air while passenger side cold.

From reading online, it states that most likely the the temperature actuator motor have gone bad or siezed up.

Azjose86

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Not sure if this is the same issue. But my ac blew cool, just not cold. But I noticed the drivers side was a bit warmer. Took it in and it was low on refrigerant. I guess the oring that is by the compressor was slowly leaking because it was installed incorrectly from factory.

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I have same problem and the dealer said there's some leak and ordered in some parts to be replaced.

samuellms

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring 2016
Country flag
Yes the AC always start to fail on the driver side first, I have the same problem for five times already.

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
My AC has also been blowing warm on the driver side. It took a really hot day here in the Northeast to really expose the problem. I was having the problem a couple months ago but it wasn’t hot enough outside for me to really notice. I’m currently at 37 months and 17,000 miles. I called Honda corporate and they told me to basically suck on a brick. I cannot believe this. How petty of Honda considering my car only has 17,000 miles on it. Called my dealer’s service advisor today 2x and he is isn’t calling back.

swc5150

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic ET-T
Country flag
Newbie here. I had the same issue with my '16 EX-T. Driver side was blowing warm, while passenger side was cold. I brought it to my dealer who said they couldn't find a problem, which I found odd. I ordered a recharge hose/gauge from Amazon and picked up a can of r1234 at Autozone, filled the system, and the system is blowing ice cold now (just over a week since I recharged). I'm assuming there's a slow leak somewhere maybe, but $75 and I'm back in business. I also hardly used any of the refrigerant out of the can, so it doesn't take much for the system to be low.

Voltron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
Same issue here. A/C started blowing warm on the driver side and the whole system blows warm air now. Car is out of warranty. Worst timing too. Its starting to get really hot out here in SoCal.

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Same issue here. A/C started blowing warm on the driver side and the whole system blows warm air now. Car is out of warranty. Worst timing too. Its starting to get really hot out here in SoCal.
I have read about this and it seems the issue is mostly with the way Honda designed the condenser. It's seems weak and flawed. There is a lot of complaints online. I'm hoping Honda eventually own up to their mistake and put out recall. Fingers crossed...

y2k_o__o

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Hi,

I've got this problem with my car in the UK, it's not normally that hot here, but yesterday it was and experienced the same as you, the passenger side is chilly cold (A/C Cold) and the Drivers Side is Cool, but not cold.

It will be in the dealer next week, lets hope it's just a pipe issue.

let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Darren
Hi Darren,

Any update? just to see if dealer solve this issue? or it's a recurring problem that never ends?

darrenjuggins

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.6 EX i-Dtec & MR2 Roadster (Mk3)
Country flag
Hi Darren,

Any update? just to see if dealer solve this issue? or it's a recurring problem that never ends?
Hi,

Apologies for not updating.

It would seem that system if not used for a while or indeed it may have not been filled from the factory that this is a Symptom of low gas pressure and in the UK affects the drivers side.

It went in for a full degas and then Regas and the problem was resolved.

As if only had in a couple of months it was sorted out FOC...

I always have my A/C now (don’t use Econ) as it will turn the A/C on and off as opposed to not using Econ which will leave it on once turned on.

Hope this update helps.

All my other issues have been solved, including washer jets and parking sensors, so happy at present.

Cheers
Darren

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Newbie here. I had the same issue with my '16 EX-T. Driver side was blowing warm, while passenger side was cold. I brought it to my dealer who said they couldn't find a problem, which I found odd. I ordered a recharge hose/gauge from Amazon and picked up a can of r1234 at Autozone, filled the system, and the system is blowing ice cold now (just over a week since I recharged). I'm assuming there's a slow leak somewhere maybe, but $75 and I'm back in business. I also hardly used any of the refrigerant out of the can, so it doesn't take much for the system to be low.
Sorry my english is bad

Anyway what kind of hose adapter do i need i mean r1234yf left and r1234yf right(refrigerant can) is that correct. And any r1234yf refrigerant brand is ok?

Do you have link on adapter? Hose Thanks.
Sponsored