rjackson

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
Just had my condenser replaced on my 2018 Civiv sedan SE.
89000km, 29000 km over basic warranty, Honda Canada good willed the repair, which would have been $1082 if I had to foot the bill.
I built a guard for the lower part of the front bumper to protect the new condenser.

Honda Civic 10th gen Air conditioning condenser issue is real 3B49C952-34A4-4341-A1B0-59C53BC7DCA3
Sponsored

Codeman24

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Just had my condenser replaced on my 2018 Civiv sedan SE.
89000km, 29000 km over basic warranty, Honda Canada good willed the repair, which would have been $1082 if I had to foot the bill.
I built a guard for the lower part of the front bumper to protect the new condenser.

3B49C952-34A4-4341-A1B0-59C53BC7DCA3.jpeg
Care to share what you made that lower guard out of? Clever!

Bru87tr

Well, I finally am seeing signs of AC troubles.

My left vents are not nearly as cold as the right. The right seems fine.

I dont understand why in a small car it would be warmer on one side of the vents. I wont get it fixed, not wortg the trouble and its only warm here 3 months out of the year.

It is a bummer though.

Codeman24

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Finally got my car back from the dealer today. NO CHARGE! But wait it gets better!!... it wasn't impact damage, it was due to corrosion! Hmmmm imagine that! Awful funny how before the warranty extension i woulda had to pay $500+ to have it fixed. Warranty extension comes BOOM covered, no charge to the customer. Complete bull*** if you ask me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 2.0 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use metall grid, may be it will be better to use some smaller grid to protect from smallest rocks. It's easy to install grid when bumber is pulled off

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
2018 23k miles and mine went out. I will be calling the dealership tomorrow but I might be done with this car. Honda did not build a quality vehicle

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
But it has the 1234yf refrigerant, the newest invention the most environmentally friendly and the most precious. That's reason to rejoice!:nixon: In particular for DuPont/Honeywell. It's been a real well of honey for them.

I guess it needs to be environmentally friendly if every charge is going to totally leak out and end up in the environment after a couple of years max.

My Mazda MPV minivan used the 134a refrigerant, allegedly so bad for global warming. Except it never leaked out, so the atmosphere didn't even know it ever was there..... After 18 years and over 200k miles the AC still worked like new at trade in with no service of any sort. My refrigerator is about the same age and the compressor doesn't leak....
If I wanted to keep my civic cool for 18 years it would mean thousands of $$$, a pile of junked condensers and compressors and at least a dozen pounds of refrigerant.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
If I wanted to keep my civic cool for 18 years it would mean thousands of $$$, a pile of junked condensers and compressors and at least a dozen pounds of refrigerant.
I'm currently explaining this exact scenario to my SO. There's not going to be a lot of reason to keep this car beyond another year even if they can fix my AC as it's inevitable it'll happen again, and until they extend the warranty on AC on the hatchbacks, then I'll get this fixed once and then i'll be screwed. so might as well bite the bullet now. I'd rather put $2k towards a new vehicle than $2k into a vehicle that'll keep breaking

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
2017 EX-T sedan. My AC went out at 48,000 miles. Took it in last Wed and they had to order a new condenser. Service rep said they are getting a lot of Civics in and said they will have it ready as soon as the condenser is in. Picked it up today and it works fine. Service rep said the did 12 Civics just today for the AC condenser issue. This is a pretty sizable dealership. Unbelievable, Honda needs to just do a recall. Also, I had a 2018 Civic LX as a rental and it wasn't blowing very cold at all. Rep told me they will be pulling all their rental Civics and replacing the condensers- he said they are all failing. Kind of dissappointed in this. This is my first Honda purchase and was expecting better. I will say they gave me a rental without issue and fixed it as soon as they could so I don't have too many complaints.

GoSox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Checking back in after 10 months on my saga. 2016 Civic. AC died within 3 years. So August 2019 the dealership did all its checking -- keeping it ALL day -- and decided to just replace some O rings. It DID seem like problem was solved, b/c we had AC again. But come this spring and nothing but hot air. So back to the dealership. Big difference was this time I had a letter in hand alerting me to the 10-year warranty extension. And this time, even in writing, they said there was a refrigerant leak at the condenser, so they replaced the condenser - no charge. I asked my handler guy if he was still seeing this plague of AC issues and he said "I just had a 2018 in yesterday..." (points for honesty).

I asked the guy if this was a better part or just free replacement of the same part, and he said it's an entirely new part. Er, hope so. :rolleyes:
Sponsored