stimey4477

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si coupe
Country flag
Honda is warrantying the condenser now for 10 years/100 k miles. My second one just went on my ‘17 civic si.
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
My AC just gave up cooling the car (2018 Si) yesterday. Appt this Friday for B1 and AC service. Ugh.
One thing I overlooked about the AC not working (besides the fact when its hot and you want to be cool you can't be) is when it is cool and rainy outside and you have multiple people in the car.. you lose an effective windshield defroster too! Haven't had to carry a towel around to clear my windshield in 20+ years! doh!
After a few emails with the dealer, my back ordered part suddenly arrived. Then the dealers AC equipment went on the fritz. Picked up the fixed car yesterday in 90+ degree weather. Worked fine. Hope that continues!

Niceshotwhatasave

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
At the dealership and they want $500 just to run the a/c test and find out what’s wrong. Is this a fucking joke?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
At the dealership and they want $500 just to run the a/c test and find out what’s wrong. Is this a fucking joke?
My deal quoted $125 I think for the same A/C test. Luckily I don't have to pay that since I have to pay $1100 for a new condenser and pipes.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
One thing I overlooked about the AC not working (besides the fact when its hot and you want to be cool you can't be) is when it is cool and rainy outside and you have multiple people in the car.. you lose an effective windshield defroster too! Haven't had to carry a towel around to clear my windshield in 20+ years! doh!
This is why I opted to have mine fixed even though it's cold now. Sometimes you really need AC in the winter to defog. Also didn't want the compressor to go next.

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I had my condenser replaced the day after I posted about it hopefully being the fix (on 30 August), Monday this week I noticed the first signs of it going out (drivers side wasn't blowing as cool as the passenger side). I have an appointment for Friday marking the 12th service appointment for my AC... hopefully they have some good news for me.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I have an appointment for Friday marking the 12th service appointment for my AC... hopefully they have some good news for me.
12th appointment for A/C issues on a three year-old car? Good heavens, man - you've got more patience than Fred McFeely Rogers. I'd have sold or lemon lawed that car long ago!

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
12th appointment for A/C issues on a three year-old car? Good heavens, man - you've got more patience than Fred McFeely Rogers. I'd have sold or lemon lawed that car long ago!
It's not quite as bad as I make it out to be. By 12th appointment I'm just referencing the total number of appointments; I think it's gone out 6-7 times, over half the appointments were "The AC stopped working" and the rest of them were me going back when the parts came in.

As for selling it, when I go for my appointment Friday I'm going to talk to one of the salespeople about a new car; I've had my eye on the Sport Touring ever since I heard they are finally bringing a manual transmission to it.

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
My 2017 civic ac started to making weird chirping noise and I can hear it easy with low fan on although it still have cold air but not as cold as I first bought the car new, and the sound driving me nut. do u think this is caused by the defected condenser?

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
My 2017 civic ac started to making weird chirping noise and I can hear it easy with low fan on although it still have cold air but not as cold as I first bought the car new, and the sound driving me nut. do u think this is caused by the defected condenser?
I haven't heard any chirping from mine. Usually I can tell it is on the way out because I'll notice the air isn't quite as cold as normal and then I'll "verify" that it's not all in my head by manually turning the AC off when I park the car and when starting it later I'll turn off the radio, have the fan low enough that I can hear and manually turn the AC back on. When I do this I hear a distinct hissing sound which to me (I don't know much about AC systems) seems like the system has leaked refrigerant from one side of the system (high or low) and the hissing sound is the sound of the refrigerant equalizing back through the system.

I really don't know if that is the case but so far every time I've heard that noise I've taken it in and the refrigerant has been low. Maybe someone else on this thread can chime in and either let me know I'm crazy, or verify that the chirping sound you are hearing is either normal or a sign that something is not right with your AC. I have another appointment for my AC this Friday.

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
I haven't heard any chirping from mine. Usually I can tell it is on the way out because I'll notice the air isn't quite as cold as normal and then I'll "verify" that it's not all in my head by manually turning the AC off when I park the car and when starting it later I'll turn off the radio, have the fan low enough that I can hear and manually turn the AC back on. When I do this I hear a distinct hissing sound which to me (I don't know much about AC systems) seems like the system has leaked refrigerant from one side of the system (high or low) and the hissing sound is the sound of the refrigerant equalizing back through the system.

I really don't know if that is the case but so far every time I've heard that noise I've taken it in and the refrigerant has been low. Maybe someone else on this thread can chime in and either let me know I'm crazy, or verify that the chirping sound you are hearing is either normal or a sign that something is not right with your AC. I have another appointment for my AC this Friday.
I got a letter from Honda about 216-2018 civic model with a/c issue and I already took my car to dealership for check up but they said a/c is still make cold air with highest fan on and they said they didn’t hear any Unusual noise or chirping sound. Btw I have a cel and its p0172 I also have a Prl Sri street maf. Idk if the a/c issue trigger that code or my intake

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I got a letter from Honda about 216-2018 civic model with a/c issue and I already took my car to dealership for check up but they said a/c is still make cold air with highest fan on and they said they didn’t hear any Unusual noise or chirping sound. Btw I have a cel and its p0172 I also have a Prl Sri street maf. Idk if the a/c issue trigger that code or my intake
As always I'm not positive but I'm thinking P0172 wouldn't be related to the AC; after a quick search it looks like a good place to start looking at the cause of that cel code would be the intake (fixdapp.com/blog/p0172-code). As before, I'm not a mechanic; I'm just an IT guy that Google's stuff.

Bru87tr

I got the letter too. Havent had any issued yet.

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
I got the letter too. Havent had any issued yet.
This letter? I hope they are honoring this for you all. Sounds like they're trying to put in the order for my 2018 to get a new 2019 compressor but the system is forcing a 2018 part still, so they need approval for an override. What I was told that is. Didn't seem familiar with the issue until I showed them the service bulletin about the whining noise: https://www.civicx.com/threads/ac-whistle-noise-2000-2700-rpm-the-answer.35052/

^ which BTW is a different issue...faulty design on the "suction hose" which makes the whistling.

Now the bird fluttering noise is also something I hear, but my AC is still cold after a year. I'm asking they replace both under warranty. Fingers crossed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Air conditioning condenser issue is real Honda AC American Warranty Extension

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
My vid of whistling noise FTW. I advise you make sure they fix this too. Same noise on 3/3 other new cars on the lot.

I didn't capture the fluttering bird type noise on this one. It's intermittent. This whine/whistle noise is constant once system is primed for a min or two. Headaches much??
Sponsored