Air conditioning condenser issue is real

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Back in 2016, I came across multiple threads of the air conditioning system crapping out but it didn't happen to me until 2018. Check your air conditioning unit folks

Honda Civic 10th gen Air conditioning condenser issue is real 15275624112334478425118606875850
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Back in 2016, I came across multiple threads of the air conditioning system crapping out but it didn't happen to me until 2018. Check your air conditioning unit folks

15275624112334478425118606875850.jpg
Not Better ? :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Air conditioning condenser issue is real 15275624112334478425118606875850

Jin_hd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Took my 18 in yesterday because the air was cool but not cold. Had a small leak in the condenser from the factory. Replaced under warranty.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Took my 18 in yesterday because the air was cool but not cold. Had a small leak in the condenser from the factory. Replaced under warranty.
Did they put a thermometer on it without a big hassle, or was it a chore to get them to even look at it? I'm a bit disappointed in how long it takes mine to get cold... tho it does get cold eventually. Probably 20 minutes into the 30 minute drive home.

OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did they put a thermometer on it without a big hassle, or was it a chore to get them to even look at it? I'm a bit disappointed in how long it takes mine to get cold... tho it does get cold eventually. Probably 20 minutes into the 30 minute drive home.
Mine was like that last year then this year, when I turned mine on it blew hot air and never got cold

Last edited:

Jin_hd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
No hassle. Service advisor mentioned they'd seen the same issue on a couple cars.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Our 2 family Civic take 10 seconds or less to be very cold

Update;
Not 2 second but 2 minutes in very hot weather 88 F / 30 C
Sorry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Would you say this company is scummy? Many 10th generation honda civics are being serviced because the air conditioning condenser is faulty/leaking. So much that honda Canada nationwide has the part on backorder due to the sheer amount of service for that part. So instead of Honda recalling that part due to failure, they spot fix the problem when the owner brings it to their attention. It's so obvious that honda Canada won't recall the part because they would lose millions.

I got my condenser replaced under warranty 3 weeks after because the part is in high demand. I tested the fixed air conditioner and it was colder than when I got it brand new. My impression was the condenser was faulty right out of the factory.

On the bright side, right in time for the heat wave

Deleted member 16743

Local dealership sent an email with a subtitle saying it's a servicec special that expires before June 30. (Screen shot below)

My 17 Civic started making a noise with AC on, so I decided to take advantage of the FREE A/C inspection.

I drop my car off and I was told that they are aware of the condenser and refrigerant issue and that they are all out of refrigerant already and the next batch of orders are coming in about a week and a half. (was also told that A LOT OF civics are affected by the issue)

I was surprised because they advertised as if they were offering a free inspection when it sounded like this should be more of a recall.. Anyway, they said they will inspect the car and give me a call later (I dropped off the car about half an hour ago).. I hope the condenser and refrigerant fixes the noise issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen Air conditioning condenser issue is real upload_2018-6-22_8-48-38

KW_1994

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe
Thank you all for posting about this. I was just at the dealership and they are refusing to honor the warranty claiming it was damaged and Honda will not accept the warranty claim. Did your dealer take convincing or did they just honor the warranty without hesitation?

Thanks!

Deleted member 16743

Well my car was ready for pick up, but the cut who checked me in in the morning was gone for the day. So someone else explained me what happened. I asked if it would be under the warranty to be sure and theguy was like yes! And a few seconds later he was like uhhh actially we will see what happens .

Needless to say it was disappointing to hear such a response and I am a bit nervous and unhappy. I don't think it's the dealer that is at fault if I end up having to pay, so I will complain to Honda if I do. Makes no sense I have to pay for broken a/c that I barely started using on a six months old car. Honda should have done a recall on this issue imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It's ridiculous the number of consumers with faulty condensers but some Honda dealers still do not recognize that there is an issue. I guess it's hit and miss. I was lucky that the Honda dealer I went to had tons of faulty condensers brought up to their attention. You probably have little to none.

Deleted member 16743

The guy I had talked to when I checked in my car said there were a lot of civics affected by the issue, probs why they "offered" free inspection as part of their pre summer promo..
Never had issue with other cars I've driven, but would be kinda ok if they replaced the parts for free and I just need to recharge the refrigerant. They only mention paying extra for refrigerant in their email anyways..

Deleted member 16743

LOL then I sure hope I dont have to pay for it, but their promo email says recharge extra .. although my leak doesnt seem so bad.. so hopefully I wont have to pay at all for it.
Sponsored