Air conditioner....not very cool very fast.

mooneybeams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2010 CR-V EXL
So yesterday was the first day here in Georgia the A/C was REALLY necessary for me in the car. It seems like it took forever for it to get cool, and it only happened after I rebooted the tablet. Anybody else had any true A/C experience yet on a really hot day?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So yesterday was the first day here in Georgia the A/C was REALLY necessary for me in the car. It seems like it took forever for it to get cool, and it only happened after I rebooted the tablet. Anybody else had any true A/C experience yet on a really hot day?
Yep. Last few days up here in WV have been upper 80s. After sitting outside baking all day long parked outside, it takes a few minutes to get comfortably cool, but it keeps up well after that.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You may want to enter a lower temp than desired just to get the compressor going at 100%, then set to your final temp.

I believe the 2016 Civic has a variable compressor design, so it may not run full blast unless you crank down the temp.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may want to enter a lower temp than desired just to get the compressor going at 100%, then set to your final temp.

I believe the 2016 Civic has a variable compressor design, so it may not run full blast unless you crank down the temp.
Would this make a difference in Auto mode as well?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Would this make a difference in Auto mode as well?
You will have to try it. Where I live its just not hot enough for me to experiment. I know for sure Honda is about saving fuel so you have to do things like this as a work-around.

I would set it to 60 degrees in AUTO and give it a try. If that doesn't work, take it out of auto and try the 60 degrees

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
There's also a "Lo" setting if you turn down the temp all the way. Try that.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Mine blows cool air about 20 seconds after turning the car on, after it's been parked outside for 8 hours.

I was amazed at how fast it blew cold air

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine blows ice cold air with the AC turned off. Oh wait, it's still winter up here, 0C (32F) this morning and snow in the forecast for Friday. I'll have to wait a few weeks and get back to you later. The heater works great though.
Living up to your username...

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just FYI - if ECO mode is on, it will reduce the cooling capability.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I've used the AC since day one since I live in South Florida. It works extremely well and I keep it between 70-72.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
In PHX it got to 97 outside yesterday and I used the AC set to 72. Everything worked fine and blew cold air, almost too cold before I got around the corner of my parking lot at work. I do have covered parking so that helped a bit but even when I made a stop leaving it in a hot parking lot for a while it cooled down quickly.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mid-70s when I left work today. Tried A/C on low, set to auto, and it cools down way quicker than putting it to 60+.

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
I noticed this morning on my A/C that when I have it set to auto and about 65 it started to cool off. Seems that it's just something that has to be adjusted until it gets to a comfortable temp, and then put it on the temp that you want
Sponsored