Mark G.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Honda SI.
Country flag
My 2017 SI is at the dealership going on day 3 for A/C problems, Suppose to get the car back today, I did purchase Extended Warranty ( Easy Care) which covered the repair-approx $2100.00. My SI has 49 K miles currently, noticed the problem at 48K+- miles. Will update. First time using the extended warranty. $50.00 deductible.

Mark
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Honda has extended the warranty on the AC condenser to 10 years, and the condenser is quite likely the cause of your AC issue.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Condenser failure and low refrigerant for sure.

You can file for reimbursement afterwards as stated from the warranty extension letter that I got.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
Mine had the same issue and I brought it in with 70k miles and they warranty it out. The service writer automatically warranty it.

OP
OP
Mark G.

Mark G.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Honda SI.
Country flag
So I got my 17 Civic SI back from the dealership yesterday (3 days at the shop) the A/C blowing warm air was caused by the a/c evaporator,Honda replaced Evap and a couple O rings and added refrigerant. Also lubed up my sunroof which was making noise upon opening. Cost of repair $1866.00 which included my portion ($50.00 deductible) really happy I had the extended warranty! Would have gone after Honda if It wasn’t covered,seems like Honda’s having issues with A/C systems 2016 + models.
Mark

Eniku_chien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
all the civic has same issue with A/C, just matter of time, mine was leaking from the condenser, they replaced the whole condenser and the O-rings for me, just remember, the A/C warranty has been extend to 10 years(forgot how many miles it cover, and correct me if I'm wrong)
Sponsored