Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread

j_babsR1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2004 Yamaha R1
You experiencing any rubbing on this setup? I recently picked up 18 x 9.5 +35 and don't know if I should stretch my 235s or just upgrade to 245s. Concerned about rubbing on a daily basis.
I rubbed on the front fender tab but bent that backwards and no more rubbing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MavicTB

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need more photos myself... I need to do a photo shoot lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread 20180806_180615

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Suspension: BuddyClub Coils
Wheels: Infinitewerks MT1's 19x9.5 +35
Tires: 225/35/19

Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread IMG_1966.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread wc1_8894.JPG

Last edited:

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys feel about Rotas on a daily driver? I would hate to buy expensive wheels for everyday driving and curb the shit out of them!

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back in the day Rotas were hated on pretty bad. Not sure how people feel about them now. Just want something that wont make me cry if I curb it. lol

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Rotaforms? I heard theyre pretty reliable. Ive heard them compared to Enkei alot in quality
I believe he is referring to Rota and not Rotiform you may have them confused. I personally would run Rotiform but I would never run Rota. People use the argument about what if you curb expensive wheels? You know what happens? They get curb rash and most likely will not structurally fail. However if you search Rota failures on the internet you will find more than a few threads on different forums and images of it. I get that most wheels may come from the same Chinese supplier but top tier brands like Rays and Advan are prestigious for a reason. They have pride in their products a sense of timeless honor that is common with all things in genuine Japanese culture. I would highly advise you to look into brands like gram lights that offer affordable options for buying high end wheels that are often times the same price when you shop for them as replica wheels.

OP
OP
MavicTB

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys feel about Rotas on a daily driver? I would hate to buy expensive wheels for everyday driving and curb the shit out of them!
There are better options than Rota for inexpensive wheels IMO (Rota is pretty low quality). Check out ESR wheels. They even have rotary forged wheels for under 1000 bucks and their styles are "on trend". There are several other wheel companies that sell decent wheels at the 500-700 usd range.
To answer your question regarding running inexpensive wheels on a DD to avoid damaging very expensive wheels... That just makes sense. Just remember inexpensive and low quality is not mutually exclusive, you can have one without the other, preferably the former and not the latter.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are better options than Rota for inexpensive wheels IMO (Rota is pretty low quality). Check out ESR wheels. They even have rotary forged wheels for under 1000 bucks and their styles are "on trend". There are several other wheel companies that sell decent wheels at the 500-700 usd range.
To answer your question regarding running inexpensive wheels on a DD to avoid damaging very expensive wheels... That just makes sense. Just remember inexpensive and low quality is not mutually exclusive, you can have one without the other, preferably the former and not the latter.
Thanks I will look into ESR wheels

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Look into deals on Gram Lights and Advan. They are out there. I never would have thought I could afford my Volk TE37's in mag blue with the perfect fitment. Thanks to Andy at FKX racing he made it possible. Look into his website: fkxracing.com He is a vendor on here and goes by team3d. He has been a huge help in all my car purchases and needs and will steer you in the right direction.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Suspension: BuddyClub Coils
Wheels: Infinitewerks MT1's 19x9.5 +35
Tires: 225/35/19

IMG_1966.JPG
wc1_8894.JPG
hell yeah, this car is dope. Before I saw your info, I was like "this looks like a car I'd see in SoCal" and low and behold. lol. Love the wheels though. Very nice set up

Any rub with the buddy club coils?

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hell yeah, this car is dope. Before I saw your info, I was like "this looks like a car I'd see in SoCal" and low and behold. lol. Love the wheels though. Very nice set up

Any rub with the buddy club coils?
I was rubbing when I first got them installed so I got my fenders shaved.