Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Less chance of rubbing on the fender side of the wheel. More chance of rubbing on the suspension side of the wheel.
Wow. Thats really interesting! Thanks for the info. Was it the tire that was rubbin the suspension side of the wheel then?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Thats really interesting! Thanks for the info. Was it the tire that was rubbin the suspension side of the wheel then?
I'm not the one who is running the wheels, so can't answer that. Sorry!

But I'm guessing it was the tire that was rubbing on the suspension. When you go more negative on the camber, you angle the wheel such that the top is closer to the suspension and further from the fender.

If your tire is too wide or if your offset is too high, then you can hit the suspension with too much camber. You also naturally get more negative camber when you lower your car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread 1615487439984

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'm not the one who is running the wheels, so can't answer that. Sorry!

But I'm guessing it was the tire that was rubbing on the suspension. When you go more negative on the camber, you angle the wheel such that the top is closer to the suspension and further from the fender.

If your tire is too wide or if your offset is too high, then you can hit the suspension with too much camber. You also naturally get more negative camber when you lower your car.

1615487439984.png
My bad dude im blind. I didnt know I was talking to two different people hahahaa.

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
So the tire wasn't rubbing at all. Even after I put it back to normal. It was the spring was rubbing on the body up by the mount. So once I put the camber back to normal the noise and rubbing went away. Tires don't rub on the fender at all assuming I'm not low low. I have negative camber in the rear (control arms) as a 'precaution'. 245 40 is the way to go for me. It's comfortable.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So the tire wasn't rubbing at all. Even after I put it back to normal. It was the spring was rubbing on the body up by the mount. So once I put the camber back to normal the noise and rubbing went away. Tires don't rub on the fender at all assuming I'm not low low. I have negative camber in the rear (control arms) as a 'precaution'. 245 40 is the way to go for me. It's comfortable.
That is pretty interesting. I think theres thread where a few people have done the front pin removal but they didn't say they experienced any rubbing issues. Are you planning to get the lower adjustable ball joints for more negative camber in the front?

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
That is pretty interesting. I think theres thread where a few people have done the front pin removal but they didn't say they experienced any rubbing issues. Are you planning to get the lower adjustable ball joints for more negative camber in the front?
So I did buy the SPC ball joints from work and was going to install them once I corrected the strut pin mod. But then I test drove it down a highway strip that I know has big dips and it didn't rub at all. So I returned the ball joints. So no front camber for me is needed at all. Not sure about the rear though. I did it anyway and it looks killer. ?‍♂

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So I did buy the SPC ball joints from work and was going to install them once I corrected the strut pin mod. But then I test drove it down a highway strip that I know has big dips and it didn't rub at all. So I returned the ball joints. So no front camber for me is needed at all. Not sure about the rear though. I did it anyway and it looks killer. ?‍♂
Do you think your springs would rub if you installed SPC joints?

BumbleBee0155

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
18x9.5 +38
255/35/40
Stock suspension
2019 Si Coupe