First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i've been looking to upgrade my wheels for a few months now to Gram Lights 57transcend but have had a hard time finding any in stock without a 3-5 month JDM wait time. However, I know of a seller who has a full set ready to go not too far from my area, the only gripe is that the fitment is a little aggressive. The specs are 18x10 +40. I originally wanted to move up to a 18x9.5 +38, which I know many run with no issues, but would an extra half-inch ruin my chances of fitting properly? Anybody running a similar setup can chime in and i'd greatly appreciate it! (I currently run a 18x8.5 +35 BTW)
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The 10” wheel will poke 4.35mm further out. Depends on the tire size, you will need more stretch setup to counter the additional poke. But if is lowered, then you will need camber.

On personal opinion, I will wait than regret down the road.

OP
OP
jaybuckets

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 10” wheel will poke 4.35mm further out. Depends on the tire size, you will need more stretch setup to counter the additional poke. But if is lowered, then you will need camber.

On personal opinion, I will wait than regret down the road.
yeah i’m lowered on BC coils right now so i can always adjust camber if need be but my main worry was rubbing against the frame over time you know.
Sponsored