aggressive Dual 21 Ktuner without forced knock control rise

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Has anyone reverted back to a base tune and compared the results of artificial knock being turned off and then turning it on? Many people are comparing the base tune with the artificial knock turned off to an OTS tune and saying fuel trims and other stuff is off. Well, that could be due to the fact it's a completely different tune in terms of comparison. To see if the artificial knock being turned off actually is doing anything else besides making sure KC doesn't rise after 5250 rpm (or whatever the value is), I would think you need to compare the same tune with it off and with it on.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well sometimes it's just a coincidental big number of bad gas batces around the world.
But if too many people report the same inconsistencies, maybe it's better to check if something that one has changed to a certain point, could have an indirect implication to another. It has happened before, it will happen again for sure.
Good point! However, just saying what they are seeing is one thing. They should record it. Datalog what they are seeing and post up. Do a datalog with artificial knock disabled and then again when it is enabled and post the datalogs. Then what they are seeing can't be denied.

I'd never approach a tuner or Ktuner and state what I am seeing or feeling. It's hard to make a decision on what to change or do with just that information. I'd show them. Datalog and point out specific differences. There's no denying it then. Show the community! Some are posting up.

If you notice, I try to never post about what I feel or think. I post up results. Hard to deny results. People can only explain why I got the results that I did. But the data is what it is. We are on the same team @varge. ;)

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys,

So update: I didn’t have my laptop with me to take some data logs but here’s my experience today.

I reverted back to Starter 21 Dual w/o the artificial knock control disable on my 2019 Sport Hatch CVT after work today. Drove on the highway for a good 25 mins, ambient temp was around 65 degrees and I was on Shell 91. drove on Map3 the whole way, light throttle, no real pulls. kcon stayed at a solid .49 90% of the time with the exception of a random jump to .52 when I was pulling onto the off ramp.

After about 3 hours at a friends place I drove back another 25 mins. Ambient temp at 58 degrees. This time the roads were way clearer so I did a few medium-hard pulls with one WOT pull thrown in there. kcon stayed at .49 for the most part. It jumped between .49-.54 during slightly harder pulls (around the 4000-4500RPM mark) but leveled back out within a couple minutes once I went easy on the throttle again, as expected. The artificial knock increase started kicking in at 5500 or so, jumping up to .55, again as expected. other than that, and another couple odd jumps to .52 everything was going as I was expecting.

This is VERY different from the extremely quick rise from .49 to .65 I was experiencing under similar conditions (same gas, 70-75 ambient temp). Last week there were at least two times where my kcon was increasing .01 every second until reaching the .60’s

Again I’m no expert but this was just my limited experience. I had NEVER seen my kcon rise to the .60 range before disabling artificial knock.

Hope this helps! Sorry I couldn’t provide any data logs

Edit: No mods other than the ktuner and a 27Won CAI. My ECT was at a solid 180-185 the entire time with IAT2 at around 12 degrees above ambient

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was reading a Car and Driver (HERE) article about the Kia K5 GT. Here are the specs.

Price As Tested: $35,835 (base price: $31,585)
HP: 290 hp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 311 lb-ft @ 1650 rpm
Curb weight: 3581 lb
Tires: Pirelli P Zero All Season 245/40R-19 94W M+S

0-60 mph: 5.2 sec
1/4 mile: 13.7 sec @ 106 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 163 ft

I am still satisfied that our base CVT Civics with mild modifications and a tune can keep up with a vehicle like this in a short distance. Just checking in to see what's new. ;)

calvin13386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
less aggressive 1st then gas is better to imo. test 1st with lowered tune with better gas then move on from there.
When you mentioned less aggressive you meant lower boost or less aggressive quick adjustments or other things like richer afr/retard ignition timing etc?
Sponsored