Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Leetil, no doubt our tuned Civics are fun to drive and pretty quick. And I don't doubt you zoomed by a C43 AMG. But that guy couldn't have been trying. Here's Car and Driver's estimated acceleration times for that car, stock:

Honda Civic 10th gen aggressive Dual 21 Ktuner without forced knock control rise Screenshot_20210226-042929~2

And no, Patrick would not beat that car with his setup.

For reference, a non-Si tuned with something like a TSP 1 (on top notch 93 octane) would probably see maybe 5.5 to 5.9 second 0-60's in perfect conditions.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
Leetil, no doubt our tuned Civics are fun to drive and pretty quick. And I don't doubt you zoomed by a C43 AMG. But that guy couldn't have been trying. Here's Car and Driver's estimated acceleration times for that car, stock:

Screenshot_20210226-042929~2.png

For reference, a non-Si tuned with something like a TSP 1 (on top notch 93 octane) would probably see maybe 5.5 to 5.9 second 0-60's in perfect conditions.
I believe it was the earlier c43 amg versions which was 367hp. I believe you are quoting newer ones which have signficantly more power.

and yes it was just a brief moment of taking off from traffic light with no launch control involved whatsoever. I have no doubt c43 is much faster when conditions are right.

for Patricks set up, you are talking about a 280WHP civic taking on a stock 367hp C43 with significant weight advantage,I have no doubt Patrick’s car can beat C43 on a rolling race ( without launch control involved of course).

anyways im not here to engage into who’s manhood is bigger than others. Im here to share the experience.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The difference is torque actually more so than hp. I believe those cars have nearly 400 lb/ft of it.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
The difference is torque actually more so than hp. I believe those cars have nearly 400 lb/ft of it.
That will make the diference from stop or low speed only.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update

The low end torque shove is really addictive in daily driving with a CVT.
Pulls after pulls in traffic light conditions with consistent power is a big thumbs up for driving enjoyment.

Knock controls staying dead on 0.49, even with 32 C Aussie summer + AC on full blast + IAT reaching 55 C. There is really no let down at all. I much prefer this over this setup and give up a few Top End HP and Torque. You ask for it and the car just gives you! It seriously makes me fall in love with this car again.

The Basemap is by no means slow at all - keeping up with Audi S3 and taking a C43 AMG says it all

Curious about what you mean by keeping up if its any sort of semi serious pull because if those things are actually trying, no stock turbo setup is keeping up with them period.

These civics are peppy but by no stretch of the imagination are these things fast. They still pretty damn slow.

OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
Damn a 5.5-6 second car is considered slow these days? I must be getting old.

if you consider not using brake launch/launch control is not trying, then yeah they were not trying. The S3 punches above its weight when you consider DSG launch control and 4WD. They are amazing machines.
But who does that in daily traffic?

If you take the launch and 4WD away and just go from stop, then suddenly civic is a lot closer in real life. Then you add in difference in reaction times then it made sense. A quick google in youtube showed an earlier S3 using launch control did 4.9s and without, 5.7s.

If only our civic had 4WD and dual clutch :p

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The point Patrick, Joshua and me are making is simple. When someone posts:

The Basemap is by no means slow at all - keeping up with Audi S3 and taking a C43 AMG says it all
That sounds like you beat a C43 AMG in an actual race.

But if you simply meant that you passed them on the highway, by that standard, I've taken down an M3 with my Phearable 1.5 tune. Of course the BMW wasn't trying and I gunned it.

And for reference, Joshua has one of, if not the fastest non-Si's on the forum. He'd crush me in a race.

The reason all three of us are saying this isn't to say your car isn't quick. A tune wakes up the sleepy little stock Civic. It's fun. But we've also been into tuning for years and personally I feel like I know my stuff from running the community tuning thread.

I just don't want people thinking in a actual race they'll routinely be taking down S3's and C43 AMG's on a base KTuner tune.

With my Phearable 1.5 tune which is a touch more potent than the TSP 1, I give GTI's a good run. It's close. But I'm not beating a car like a C43 AMG by a long shot.

Last edited:
OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
I think i have clarified above what i really meant in daily driving conditions. Its by no means trying to be disrespectful or living in fantasy lala land. I should really retract that statement.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
holy crap you guys's feathers ruffles up quick. What if the other drivers were trying and just failed to use their cars properly?
What's gonna be the end result of someone else with a stock basemap trying to beat a C43 AMG? He's going to lose, that's it, no one dies, no one sues anyone else. I get what you're saying but after 2-3 posts just give up and let him have his moment.

• Haha
Reactions: Myx

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All good. Back to specifically and only talking about KTuner's removal of Honda's forced knock control rise on the non-Si's. :thumbsup:

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what’s everyone’s settings for the cvt tune? Prl short ram, and currently running tsp - I’d like to see what’s been daily-able with the new knock control rise disable

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what’s everyone’s settings for the cvt tune? Prl short ram, and currently running tsp - I’d like to see what’s been daily-able with the new knock control rise disable
Keep in mind you'd need to revert to a base tune. The locked ots tunes like TSP don't have this feature available.

If you're talking about reverting to a base tune and quick enables/adjustments, just adjust how you like. The only thing to avoid as always is disabling boost ramp.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag

Screenshot_20210226-042929~2.png

Jeez that’s almost keeping up with my bike. That’s a fast damn car

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind you'd need to revert to a base tune. The locked ots tunes like TSP don't have this feature available.

If you're talking about reverting to a base tune and quick enables/adjustments, just adjust how you like. The only thing to avoid as always is disabling boost ramp.
haha I just don’t know what the sweet spots are for boost with the sport cvt, I used to have an EX, the “gears” are new to me
Sponsored