OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
No doubt. Can't wait to try it. I'm jealous you're already using it. Too much ice and snow here to switch yet. :(
It will be worth the wait ;). I think this change will benefit the CVT guys more because we are no longer "knock limited" and can make use of the upper rev range way more.
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I always liked the V6 torque feel of the base ktuner and was a bit weary of trying phearable or TSP because everyone was saying low to mid range wasn't as punchy. It's probably a good thing if you track the car as you don't destabilize the car as much with a big increase in torque but for daily street driving, that mid range is amazing. I'm not going to attempt to modify the fuel or ignition curves because I know nothing about those but it's a nice feature to have if you're willing to try or already know what to do.

As a side note, I increased my idle speed to 750 and the vibration and drone from my Hasport RMM is gone now when using the AC.

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Flashed the updated tune with the most aggressive settings. Car feels good but check engine light is on. I enabled early spool, VSA, and the new eliminate forced knock control.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Flashed the updated tune with the most aggressive settings. Car feels good but check engine light is on. I enabled early spool, VSA, and the new eliminate forced knock control.
What error code are you getting?

OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
I had that once before after flashing TSP tune. Check engine light was on solid but car drove fine. Ktuner did not detect any codes. Drove around, parked, came back later, CEL gone after.

Perhaps it is one of those glitches.

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
I flashed the dual 21 and didn't get the check engine light (no codes) until the next day.

I forgot how fun the starter 21 tune was! Definitely fun in the city- kc stayed at 0.59.

Ripped it a bit on the highway and my kc jumped into the 70's. Probably because my IAT2 was in the 80s (engine bay was very hot when I lifted the hood ?‍♂)

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had that once before after flashing TSP tune. Check engine light was on solid but car drove fine. Ktuner did not detect any codes. Drove around, parked, came back later, CEL gone after.

Perhaps it is one of those glitches.
You were right. Started it this morning and it was fine. Probably just the ECU sorting itself out with the new tune.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
How agressive did you put the VSA? If you still have a cat it's not a good ideal to have it past the low setting from what I read as you'll end up damaging it over time with that extra fuel that gets pushed through the exhaust.

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How agressive did you put the VSA? If you still have a cat it's not a good ideal to have it past the low setting from what I read as you'll end up damaging it over time with that extra fuel that gets pushed through the exhaust.
Moderate but I’ll try and see if the lower setting has similar effects.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
First page was a good read. I've had three days since tuning a few months ago (yes @gtman I'm adding to the survey tonight and thank you so much for the adjustment recommendations) that my k co has just randomly gone up to .59-.63 randomly while cruising on the highway (70-80mph below 3k rpm). As soon as I get up from eating I'm updating my K Tuner and doing the control disable because I have a hard feeling that's going to solve that issue.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Moderate but I’ll try and see if the lower setting has similar effects.
It won't pull as hard as moderate when you're on the VSA but you'll save your cat in the long run if that's something you care about. just looking out for others as factory cats are damn expensive. I move a lot and change provinces every few years so passing a safety is important to me.

OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
Update

The low end torque shove is really addictive in daily driving with a CVT.
Pulls after pulls in traffic light conditions with consistent power is a big thumbs up for driving enjoyment.

Knock controls staying dead on 0.49, even with 32 C Aussie summer + AC on full blast + IAT reaching 55 C. There is really no let down at all. I much prefer this over this setup and give up a few Top End HP and Torque. You ask for it and the car just gives you! It seriously makes me fall in love with this car again.

The Basemap is by no means slow at all - keeping up with Audi S3 and taking a C43 AMG says it all

OP
OP

leeti1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS CVT
Country flag
Dude stop lying, ain't no way u keeping up with c43 or an s4 wtf, I'm custom tuned with 27won w1 turbo upgrade, 27WON inlet pipe, prl catted downpipe and frontpipe race, prl fmic, prl cold air intake race maf and running flex fuel tune by the best DEREK ROBINSON pushing 27psi making around 280whp and 260wtq and I still can't keep up with those cars, they way u people overly exaggerated things...SMH
No need to be so aggressive. I am talking about day to day driving, not perfect launches in perfect conditions and obviously not at crazy stupid speeds and of course I'm talking about other cars being stock. Of course there are plenty faster cars. The little civic can move and can surprise people!

I am pretty sure with your set up you can take those cars easily ! - theirs being stock obviously
Sponsored