Aftermarket Wheels Size Question

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Definitely. I'm sure Honda has all this data, but more likely they won't provide that to enthusiasts. It'll most likely be a Trial & Error and learning from experience deal.

I just ordered a set of 19x8.5 ET35 O.Z. Wheels / Michelin Pilot 4S Tires - This will bring out the wheel out about an inch.

I'm sure it'll give it an aggressive look, but I'm also looking forward to the impact on driving dynamics.
I'm really interested to see how this affects torque steer. I'm trying to keep my offset above 50 because I'm being a ninny. I'm going to run a 9.5 probably though so I'll make up some of it with extra width. Even then things are still going to be tucked under the fender.

Let us know once you get them mounted.
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 CW
I'm really interested to see how this affects torque steer. I'm trying to keep my offset above 50 because I'm being a ninny. I'm going to run a 9.5 probably though so I'll make up some of it with extra width. Even then things are still going to be tucked under the fender.

Let us know once you get them mounted.
Thanks! I'm pretty excited. I kind of hope they rub my fenders so I'll have grounds to exchange them to the +47 if they gravely affect the steering

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
I wish the lug pattern was not 5 x 120... if it were 114.3, the 2008-2014 Subaru STI wheels would fit with their relatives high offset.. would make great winter wheels :rant:

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
If you go with a 9.5" wide wheel, you should have a 47-48mm offset to keep with what the Honda engineers designed. with a 9" wheel, the offset should be 53-54mm.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you go with a 9.5" wide wheel, you should have a 47-48mm offset to keep with what the Honda engineers designed. with a 9" wheel, the offset should be 53-54mm.
The honda race team is not listening to your advice.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Wheels Size Question IMG_2758.JPG

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not trying to match the original backspacing. I'm trying to stay as close as possible to the original offset of 60. Offset is what matters with scrub radius and torque steer.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not trying to match the original backspacing. I'm trying to stay as close as possible to the original offset of 60. Offset is what matters with scrub radius and torque steer.
Yes that's fine to try and achieve that.

However, people are not having issues with their wide lowoffset wheels.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes that's fine to try and achieve that.

However, people are not having issues with their wide lowoffset wheels.
Perfect. That's awesome to know that we can push out and not worry about it. Like I said, I was being a ninny. Now I don't have to worry. Very cool.
Sponsored