Aftermarket Wheels - Aftermarket Lug Nuts?

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noob question, but I just want to prepare myself. Those of you that put on aftermarket alloys, did you have to buy aftermarket lug nuts too?

If so, which ones? Wheel locks too?
Sponsored

FC1rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring & 97 Civic Coupe Turbo
Honda uses the 12x1.5 thread pitch for lug nuts.
You don't want to use the Honda ball seat lug nuts on aftermarket wheels, you'll need to purchase conical type lugs.

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
Wheels have different hole diameters, i know XXR are extra small so you need to run a "tuner style" nut, make sure your well informed of the style and pitch of the nut your going to use as Rob said above so your wheels dont fall off, its happened to a few ive seen over the years lol.............wheel locks are always a good idea if you park your car outside and arent able to at least know its in a safe place, but again, if they really want it they will find a way to take it.......

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
when searching lug nuts ive found that a lot of sites use the term wheel nut, just a tip. the honda ball or radius seat is kinda hard to find in stores. i just got the new nuts for the 2008 civic 5 spoke, that seem to be a cheap civic 16" rim on CL, why only 16 cuz i'm a fan of side walls. although....

OP
OP
mechatune

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks bros. I guess I'll have to check the seats with the wheels off to be sure.

Last edited:

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just stay away from aluminum ones. Shoot for steel ones. Aluminum are crap and strip easily, I learned that the hard way

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Noob question, but I just want to prepare myself. Those of you that put on aftermarket alloys, did you have to buy aftermarket lug nuts too?

If so, which ones? Wheel locks too?
When I bought my new rims and tires, they told me you had to replace the lugs because they wont fit on a stock set-up. Where ever you have them put on will have a set of lugs for sale I would assume. I used Discount Tire. I'm pretty satisfied.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Wheels - Aftermarket Lug Nuts? IMG_0634.JPG

Dale Schad

First Name
Schad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013,Honda Civic