GSXR750Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2011 Chevy Equinox
Hey all!

So there are few things about the new Civics that don't match up to it's competitors and the tire pressure monitoring is one of those. I love in my wife's Equinox the ability to quickly check and see the specific pressures of each individual tire from inside the cabin. I do like that the Civic tells you when you have a low tire but it only tells you when it's too late and poor tire wear has already taken place if it's a slow leak or just caused by lowering outside air temperatures.

Does anybody use or have any suggestions on a good aftermarket system to monitor tire pressure. I've shopped around a little and it looks like systems that put valve stem caps on with a monitor that plugs into a cigarette lighter is the best option out there. I obviously don't want something that swaps out stock valve stems because I still want the cars system to work as well, I just want to easily check individual pressures to either make sure pressures are good or easily find that one tire that is bad without having to go around to each tire and manually check the pressure.

Thanks for the positive input!!:cool:
:feedback:
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd stick with something somebody couldn't just take off your car in a parking lot. They make tons of aftermarket TPS sensor systems where the sensor is mounted inside of the tire.

Is it really worth $200-400 to not just check your tires every few weeks?

I honestly love the fact we have TPS without the expensive sensors. It's a very sensitive system. My tires hit 28psi when winter first started this year and it let me know. I have no complaints.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
So have you used this before or did you just search for something and post the first thing you found?
I remember watching this guys video and found it. Seems pretty cool, there is a antitheft mechanism so random people one streets can't take it easily.

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I'd stick with something somebody couldn't just take off your car in a parking lot. They make tons of aftermarket TPS sensor systems where the sensor is mounted inside of the tire.

Is it really worth $200-400 to not just check your tires every few weeks?

I honestly love the fact we have TPS without the expensive sensors. It's a very sensitive system. My tires hit 28psi when winter first started this year and it let me know. I have no complaints.
Boggles my mind this isn't a feature in Canada... it's not like there's extra hardware/wiring required :(
Sponsored