2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have one of these lying around and was hoping to just connect it to the stock touring sub wiring. Would it work or is the amp lacking power?
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-SWX2502-Shallow-Mount-Pre-Loaded-Enclosure/dp/B00JQTU3QC

If I need to add an amp, can I just take the input from the sub without an LC2i or anything like that?
You will need the Lc2i if you want to get rid of bass roll off. If that isn't a concern then go ahead.
I tested my JL with the stock amp and I couldn't hear anything really.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
You will need the Lc2i if you want to get rid of bass roll off. If that isn't a concern then go ahead.
I tested my JL with the stock amp and I couldn't hear anything really.
when does the bass rolloff start? I got a dsp amp and I couldnt see it happening I had the volume all the way up basically. I really dont know what im looking for either.

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
I have one of these lying around and was hoping to just connect it to the stock touring sub wiring. Would it work or is the amp lacking power?
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-SWX2502-Shallow-Mount-Pre-Loaded-Enclosure/dp/B00JQTU3QC

If I need to add an amp, can I just take the input from the sub without an LC2i or anything like that?

I installed a Kicker hideaway in my Hatch Sport Touring and tapped into the sub wiring (red and white wires) without any problems. The kicker is amplified though, and the bass roll-off doesn't seem to effect the output of the sub. I can also adjust two ways, via both the sub control through the head-unit and a remote bass knob.

Normand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2016
I installed a Kicker hideaway in my Hatch Sport Touring and tapped into the sub wiring (red and white wires) without any problems. The kicker is amplified though, and the bass roll-off doesn't seem to effect the output of the sub. I can also adjust two ways, via both the sub control through the head-unit and a remote bass knob.
Can you post a pic of your setup? Thanks

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
I have a post in the audio section with pics and such of my setup. Just search hideaway and you should find it.
Sponsored