aftermarket steering wheel - where do i put the controls though?

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I've tried searching for this to no avail.

I'm in the process of installing a aftermarket steering wheel for track and wanted to know how, if any of you guys that did this, retained some of the controls that were on the oem steering wheel.

My car is a 19' so I've got some buttons to control the radio and what not so I'm not really too concerned about that area. What I am concerned about is if a error came up on the dash and I was unable to acknowledge it.
Sponsored

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless the wheel has spots for the controls, you either won't be able to or you'll have to DIY something.

kevinyong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I've been toying with this idea for a while now. The only plug and play option currently is the Seeker steering wheel with has cut outs and clamping plate for the factory steering wheel controls.

Honda Civic 10th gen aftermarket steering wheel - where do i put the controls though? c_oc=AQkRs-8ShI8F6BGFwYLV3HBSFzX7af8Xi62c7dRbwMNgDKBM29DhuiYEWLn3H0DbxUA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1

Honda Civic 10th gen aftermarket steering wheel - where do i put the controls though? c_oc=AQkZ8zGuW9fRSfBJZAEW5cYg81nXTy9fHArjazOb7bzwYRJ5t8TWdsrz-BAQKN6ji9U&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1

Honda Civic 10th gen aftermarket steering wheel - where do i put the controls though? c_oc=AQnhnDjfv8Z3xBkz7Xu1J-IZ5f9x2l1U3hTmNbRZRwnYTYXPqxinRE3HkPHITwwrNkg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1

Personally I think that looks really out of place and have been thinking of getting a proper technician that is skilled in wiring to run the wires for the 'info' and left/right controls to the empty left panel where the traction control button is.

Honda Civic 10th gen aftermarket steering wheel - where do i put the controls though? inkedr_li-

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Any idea where I can get that steering wheel? Trying to see if I can just get that mount for the controls.

shinobidk

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any updates on this thread?? relocating it on the dash maybe??

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

grumpyoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic DX sedan
Country flag
I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I've tried searching for this to no avail.
I just bought a leather Honda steering wheel from a Civic EX and I can't take off the controls and the trim from either of the (OEM vs this OEUpgrade).

Does anyone have a ton of pics of what the clips and the trim look like?

Thanks
GOM

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I just bought a leather Honda steering wheel from a Civic EX and I can't take off the controls and the trim from either of the (OEM vs this OEUpgrade).

Thanks
GOM
They're a PITA to remove. I wish I had picture of the clip locations for you. I know the trim is mostly clips, the buttons/controls have some knubs on them though. You may be able to see what they look like if you search for tutorial videos on YouTube. Remove the trim before the buttons/controls. Also there are a few screws that need to be removed before you can get them out. Make use to use a trim removal tool.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks
GOM
It helps if you have plastic trim tools to remove it. You can get them cheap on Amazon or Ebay.

grumpyoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic DX sedan
Country flag
The problem I'm having happens after the tools have been obtained.
Forgive me for what this will sound like but,

Where do I stick the tool?
When do I push and when do I pull?

I'll get it done on the plastic steering and then repeat on my leather one once I figure it out. I grew tired so I installed the wheel yesterday without swapping anything. I hope the 1 different wire (not counting the additional wires which I expected) is inconsequential.

SO COMFY.

Merry Christmas,

GOM
Sponsored