Aftermarket Spoiler Questions

ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Hi everyone,
I love my 2016 Civic I got this past December but it has always been missing one thing and I regret not getting it added on. I love the look of spoilers on cars and have always had them. When I went to get this car (part of a early buy back lease with a 2013 civic), they did not have any of their civics with spoilers in black. I really loved the way the body was shaped and how sporty it looked without one so I decided to get it. Fast forward 8 months and I am thinking about adding one. I have seen aftermarket ones on ebay for around 120 shipped (that includes paint...see link). Is this route ok or should I go to dealer and pay for oem?
Also, does anyone have any idea about how much it would cost to have a spoiler installed?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-17-Civic...ash=item41aecdfae1:g:YvgAAOSwM0FXHzBf&vxp=mtr
Sponsored

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
I think unless the body parts are OEM, they just look cheesy and cheap. That's personal opinion though. Get whatever you want, it's your car. Just remember, you have to put holes in your new car to do it. I know you know that, just sayin'.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yep. I like the spoiler lip that came stock on the Touring. Others hate it. The wing that's on the Asian models looks nice (from some angles) but others would hate that. Same with the spoiler you can get for the top of your rear window... I love it, but then I get tired of looking at it... So go with what you like!

UCSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Also thinking about purchasing aftermarket spoiler. Will honda services install aftermarket spoiler for you?

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. Can't decide to spoiler or not to spoiler. I like the look without but to complete the look of the Modulo she needs it and it may look bad ass. Let me know what you decide I'd love to see results.

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
I bought an aftermarket spoiler for my Acura TSX Special Edition that was close to OEM. I even installed it myself by drilling 4 holes in the trunk. I think a measured and checked like 6 times before making the first hole.:confused1::crazy::yes: It came painted with the color code for the TSX, but it had some runs in it. I called the seller, and they refunded me most of the cost, so I could have it repainted at a repair shop.

The answer for the warranty if a dealer install a part after the sale of the car is typically 12 months unlike 36 month if it was installed before the sale and the part has to be an OEM. Dealers will not typically warranty aftermarket accessories.

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS turbo, 2014 Civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
This is the spoiler on my Aussie RS. I love it and think is really makes the car stand out even more.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Spoiler Questions IMG_0816.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Spoiler Questions IMG_0825.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Spoiler Questions IMG_0824.JPG

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
This is the spoiler on my Aussie RS. I love it and think is really makes the car stand out even more.
IMG_0824.JPG
Yes that's the one I want to get. I don't like the little lip weird one it comes with.

Knight's

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Still looking for a spoiler that is lifted off the trunk but looks like the spoiler just above

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
i was thinking of getting a lip spoiler for mine! what do you guys recommend?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0824.JPG
i ordered one about a week and a half ago, just waiting for it to come in. :)
Sponsored