Smoked or Clear side markers

• Smoked

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Clear

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

novadrive

I got the smoked pro-civic markers. Make sure you seal them after you throw them in. My left one shorted after some rain...

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I got the smoked pro-civic markers. Make sure you seal them after you throw them in. My left one shorted after some rain...
Seal them with what? The stock ones weren't sealed and It never had issues and I live in the PNW where it rains 5-6 months a year

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I haven't had rain, but my left side marker isn't working anymore. If it is, it is very dimly lit to the point that it's... well... basically not working. Is that the cause of a short?

And I have the JDM LED strips, so these are a pain in the ass to install and figure out. I haven't removed it yet to diagnose it, but I'm concerned the metal bit that goes into the wire may have actually clipped it or something. It is really hard to get into and figure out though, like I said.

I might take it to a mechanic and see if they know what's wrong or what they can do, especially if it requires getting a new wire in my car.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Just installed the Suma Performance smoked side markers today. Looks a billion times better than the stock, orange ones.

Splicing the turn signal sucked, even using the included splicer doohickey, but after some trial and error, got it figured out. Second one only took about 10 minutes to install.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Side Markers after install civic_smoked_side_marker

ZironCivX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan, 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 4 Door, Long Bed Sport
Country flag
I have the smoked from JDMToys and Lasfit LED amber bulbs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Side Markers after install IMG_20200123_115251390

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Side Markers after install IMG_20200123_115400065_HDR

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag

bdsport

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are they holding up?

I've had EOS ones, but they will take moisture within 4 months. After I sealed them, I found out the clear part will separate from the body, which only leads to more moisture.
Its been about a year and nine months so far and they still look awesome! Haven't had any moisture at all and don't have a film that peels off so they still look crystal clear and great. Bulbs are working well too and haven't been changed yet

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I know this is very old but were those markers the smoked or clear ones? Thanks
I remember being uncertain which ones to get myself, and I forget what the drama was while I was trying to get one versus the other, but the ones I have (pictured in avatar) are the smoked ones.
Sponsored