First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
woooooohooooooo! alright guys I did it. It works flawlessly now. in short I fabricated a bracket to attach to the seat and aftermarket rail that mimics the factory setup to a tee. I did not take any photos. I will do so hopefully tomorrow so that you can see what I did. I will do my best to list the things I purchased that made it all possible. Man what a head ache getting to this point. I wish I would have just started with the idea that I would have to recreated the factory setup and adapt it to the aftermarket rail. oh well, a good learning experience for sure and now once I get it up you guys will be able to keep your passenger airbag working properly also.
Sponsored

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sorry for the delay guys! Good news is the system has been working flawlessly. I had to change out rails because the other one was kinda cheap so I was waiting for that to arrive. I’m using Braum rails and seats. With this bracket you could easily use it to mount the OEM rails and save some money on floor mounts/rails. Had I not already purchased them I probably would have gone this route. The only issue would be where to mount the seat belt buckle. Anyhow, here is a list of things I bought:

Hardware:
-6ftx 1-1/2”x 1/8" thick 90 degree aluminum angle bar
-6 M8x1.25x30mm Allen key bolts
-4 M8x1.25x20mm Allen key bolts
-4 M8x1.25 nuts
-2 M10 fender washers
-2 M8 fender washers
-2 3/4” long spacers
-1/2” pvc pipe
Tools:
-3/4” hole saw

all other hardware was either reused from the OEM rail or came with the seats. And tools were just normal hand tools most would have lying around.

I started by fabricating the brackets that mount to the seat. To do this I cut 4 lengths of the aluminum to 13.5” which was just a tad longer than the rails themselves. For the side without the sensors all you have to do is drill holes to mount the bracket to the seat, the rail to the bottom bracket, and holes to fasten the bracket to itself to form a “C”. From there it’s just a matter of bolting things together with 2-M8x1.25x20mm nuts and bolts. The 3/4” spacers attach between the rail and the bottom bracket with 2-M8x1.25x30mm bolts so that it is the same height as the side with the sensors attached (First photo)

On the side with the sensors, mounting the top bracket to the seat is straight forward. Just line up and drill your holes and bolt it down to the seat. For the bottom brackets that hold the sensors and rail I took the remaining 13.5” length of aluminum and cut it into two lengths. I used the sensor as a stencil to space the holes correctly. Then I tapped and drilled the holes so the sensor could be bolted to it. To tap the middle hole I just found the center of the two outside holes. Once the holes were tapped I took the hole saw and cut 3 evenly spaced 3/4” holes on both pieces of aluminum just like the OEM rail (photo 2)

The OEM setup uses blue and red plastic washer inserts to eliminate play when it’s mounted to the seat. This took me a while to figure out a solution. I took the 1/2” pvc pipe and fabricated washers to keep the rail centered and snug inside the 3/4” holes that were drilled. (photo 3) I had to use a dremel to cut away some of the PVC to fit collar of the washers from the oem sensors. I then use electrical tape, two layers on the bottom side and one layer on top to eliminate any play/noise from occuring since the sensors do infact "float" between the bracket.

Next up, I just had to drill the holes into the rail itself so that the sensors could be bolted to it. Using 4-M8x1.25x30mm bolts, the 4-12mm nuts from the oem rail, the washers and spacers from the oem sensor assembly, and the 2 M8 washers I attached the sensors to the rail. Then I placed the PVC inserts in the holes and fit the brackets onto the collar washers. In order to create enough room for the sensor plugs I stacked the collar washer and the oem top washer on the sensor side and used the M10 washer on the bolt side to attach the sensor to the bracket with the oem 14mm nuts. I mounted my sensors to the outer most edges of the rail because this gave the inner parts of the rail the most space to move freely. (photo 4) When experimenting I had mounted them a bit inside and it made the rails slide poorly.

Lastly, all that was left to do was mount the brackets on the rail to the bracket on the seat. Line up the both rails to each other then tap and drill the holes.(photo 5) Bolt the bracket together, go mount your seats in the car, and plug em up! This process took me quite awhile and I hope it saves you all some time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS 21DC570D-F26F-448C-BEDD-F266B866C1DB

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS 8A9A5F35-9CD2-4E95-A782-B08830AF9C0E

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS BDBD679D-4FB3-4F8B-8190-E349303C1307

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS image_67224577.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS image_67208193.JPG

Last edited:

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@swanarg good write up thank you! I'm using PCI rails which are slightly different but this was helpful nonetheless.

Pouyan Pasyar

First Name
Civicfk7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
i can confirm that 2.2 ohm is the correct one. running these with recaro rsge. i ordered the resistors from evasive, lmk if you have any other questions
Hi,
I am swapping Si seats in my hatchback sport and was wondering if I still should get the 2.2 ohm like the Si or the 2.0?

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,
I am swapping Si seats in my hatchback sport and was wondering if I still should get the 2.2 ohm like the Si or the 2.0?
You won’t need any resistors because the stock si seat should still have the air bag sensor hook up. So no need to bypass the plug.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After sitting in my passenger seat a few times I decided I wanted to lower it. So I removed the 3/4” spacer from the right rail and trimmed the lower bracket by 3/4” on the sensor side and now it feels pretty dang good. Kinda wish it could go a tad lower, it’s about 3/4” higher than the driver seat but you need the room for the sensors to clear. I can’t quite remember how the oem seat height felt but it feels good where it’s at.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS B74C0749-F32F-4B96-99C5-ED0720E6687D

kirya-dev

First Name
Kirill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Blue Sport Touring 2018
Country flag
Hi guys. I am getting error B00A0-54 in SRS block read by Launch. This diagnostic tool was able to calibrate the weight sensor once, but at that moment I was sitting in the seat and the calibration remembered my weight as zero point. Can't re-calibrate. Launch reads the current weight, but usally read 0 weight.

kirya-dev

First Name
Kirill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Blue Sport Touring 2018
Country flag
Hi guys. I am getting error B00A0-54 in SRS block read by Launch. This diagnostic tool was able to calibrate the weight sensor once, but at that moment I was sitting in the seat and the calibration remembered my weight as zero point. Can't re-calibrate. Launch reads the current weight, but usally read 0 weight.
SOLVED. Calibration will success done with HDS xHorse

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If I only change the drivers seat and wire in the 2.2 ohm sensor, can anyone confirm that the airbag will still deploy?
Sponsored