First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying to install racing seats without having SRS light on dash.

Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.

Here is what I've done so far...

- disconnected battery
- removed both driver and passenger seats
- took all sensors off of seats
- soldered Bride 2.0 ohms SRS deletes on driver and passenger side
- reconnected the battery
- started car to see if the delete's worked but forgot to plug in other sensors
- SRS light and problem message showed up on dash
- disconnected the battery again
- plugged in the seat position sensors, seat belt buckle sensors, and passenger weight sensor
- reconnected the battery
- started the car with all sensors and Bride SRS deletes plugged in
- SRS light and problem message still showing
- left battery connected
- checked all connections multiple times and they all seem to be plugged in correctly but I still have SRS light on dash

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS IMG_20200315_172832

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS IMG_20200314_181032

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found some info on another thread:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/anyone-switch-out-to-aftermarket-seats.36327/

See post#9. Looks like you have 3 sensors: seat belt, airbag, seat position. Airbag sensors need the 2 ohm load resistors and the seat position sensor should be near the middle of the seat bottom.
Thanks. I've read that thread. I have hooked up 2 ohms resistors and have the seat position/ weight sensor sitting in the middle of the seat area if a seat was in the car shown in the pictures I uploaded.

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SRS problem could also occur is there is something going on with the seat belt tensioners. Might be a shot in the dark, but you could also check to see if there is a problem with that connection.
That was a great idea thanks. I've been crawling in and out of the car installing the harness bar and taking out the seats and since I had removed the pillar plastics that was a really good idea. I checked driver and passenger side unplugged and plugged back in but no luck though

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS IMG_20200315_192654

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS IMG_20200315_192810

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Following! I'll be installing my Recaros this weekend or next week - just waiting for the Planted Seat Mounts to come in. What mounts / brackets are you guys using?

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well no more SRS light for me. :) I just went to the car, took the seat position sensor off the driver's seat and connected it up. Still had the SRS light, so then went to the passenger seat and removed the weight sensors and connected them up and just have them tossed under the seat. Started the car and no more SRS light. So in your case, I think you need the 2.2ohm resistor versus the 2ohm.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@555sexydrive I ordered the 2.2 ohms and hopefully they work for me as well. I noticed you mentioned that's what was recommended on the Bride site. The site I ordered them from recommended 2.0 and so did another site I found them on. I really hope this works. They should arrive on Wednesday so I'll let ya know.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS PicsArt_03-16-10.49.23

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seats and SRS PicsArt_03-16-11.01.46

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the 2.2 ohms doesn't do the trick I guess I'll have someone with an ABS/SRS diagnostic tool tell me exactly what code I am throwing. I really hope I don't need the passenger seat weight sensor recalibrated because that might be a tricky task seeing as how I have already taken it off of the passenger seat.

rodri_iguess

First Name
Andy Rodriguez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you guys know how I can get OEM 2019 or 2020 Si seats?

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys know how I can get OEM 2019 or 2020 Si seats?
I haven't looked for them but I'm sure the dealership or members classifieds would work. A good friend of mine just bought a 2020 Si and the seats imo are better looking and I think his dash has red trim too. Good luck in your search.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I doubt you would, remember my passenger seat was yanked out and replaced and I just removed from the passenger seat and connected the weight sensors after the driver’s position sensor didn’t completely solve the SRS light. Let’s hope the 2.2 solves your light. Those sites should update their info.
When you plugged in your passenger weight sensor, was this enough to have the passenger air bag on at all times?

Did you have to remove the upholstery on the passenger seat to get the weight sensor off? Or are they just off the seat rails?

TIA! :)

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you plugged in your passenger weight sensor, was this enough to have the passenger air bag on at all times?

Did you have to remove the upholstery on the passenger seat to get the weight sensor off? Or are they just off the seat rails?

I didn't have to remove any fabric off the seat. Yes, the sensor is on the rail.

Senor is on the rail. I have my passenger weight sensor plugged up to avoid SRS light on dash but It is not functional. I doubt my passenger air bags would go off in the event of an accident because the weight sensor is taped up under the seat in such a way that it cannot sense body weight.
Sponsored