Aftermarket seat warmers for LX or EX

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
I posted this info in a reply to another thread, but thought maybe someone might benefit from the info.
Originally I was spending alot of time trying to see how much it would cost me to just get upgrades I wanted without having to move up in trim levels. The end result of my digging was that the touring model might just be a great deal (at least at around factory invoice price).

I found this (below) and several other car related discount programs using Costco's website (e.g., seat covers, head/tail lights, floor mats, bike racks, etc.)

Roadwire Driver and Passenger Seat Heaters – Professionally Installed for $449
Features:
Carbon Fiber Seat Heating Technology
Bi-level switch for high or low heat
Guaranteed to Meet all OEM Safety Standard
Please note: This purchase includes 2 seat heating units

Sponsored

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this info in a reply to another thread, but thought maybe someone might benefit from the info.
Originally I was spending alot of time trying to see how much it would cost me to just get upgrades I wanted without having to move up in trim levels. The end result of my digging was that the touring model might just be a great deal (at least at around factory invoice price).

I found this (below) and several other car related discount programs using Costco's website (e.g., seat covers, head/tail lights, floor mats, bike racks, etc.)

Roadwire Driver and Passenger Seat Heaters – Professionally Installed for $449
Features:
Carbon Fiber Seat Heating Technology
Bi-level switch for high or low heat
Guaranteed to Meet all OEM Safety Standard
Please note: This purchase includes 2 seat heating units

I thought the reason that nobody puts heated seats in fabric interiors, is because of the fire hazard?
I have never seen a fabric interior with heated seats. I'd be concerned.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All Canadian LX and EX models come standard with heated cloth seats. Have for years.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All Canadian LX and EX models come standard with heated cloth seats. Have for years.
Really? As far as I know, no American models do, I have to wonder if the Canadian models are made differently to allow for this

Last edited:

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It does seem to be a Canadian thing. Heated seats are also more common in Europe. The Canadian LX and EX HRV's also come with standard cloth heated seats. In the USA, the HRV EX comes standard with cloth heat seats.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It does seem to be a Canadian thing. Heated seats are also more common in Europe. The Canadian LX and EX HRV's also come with standard cloth heated seats. In the USA, the HRV EX comes standard with cloth heat seats.
I remember not too many years ago Toyota's had a recall here in the US because they had goofed on the assembly line and put heated seats in cloth seated cars and it posed a fire risk.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I happened to stumble upon this thread. FYI, the EX-T has cloth with seat heaters in the US.

Also, I've heard that you can get good quality Leather installed with seat heaters for like $1,500. I'll be interested to see if anyone ever does that.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember seeing a type of heat pad that you could "set on" at Walmart for like $50-$60. I think it was actually for an office desk chair or something, but with an inverter, it could be used in a car. It's only gonna be used for a couple months anyway right? Anyway, just a thought.

Last edited:

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
It shouldn't pose as a "fire threat" if it is properly insulated. The heater itself doesn't get hot enough to start any sort of fire. I'd be careful with the wiring if you do it yourself. I personally have absolutely 0 use for it as I live in Florida
Sponsored