Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has figured out how to make the passenger weight sensor work with aftermarket seats. I have discussed this at length in the Si thread but no one has a solution. I'm close to figuring it out with a diy setup, i think...., but wondering if anyone already has a solution. TIA
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has figured out how to make the passenger weight sensor work with aftermarket seats. I have discussed this at length in the Si thread but no one has a solution. I'm close to figuring it out with a diy setup, i think...., but wondering if anyone already has a solution. TIA
I'm planning to replace my seats , when that happens probably I will be designing a module for that.

OP
OP
swanarg

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm planning to replace my seats , when that happens probably I will be designing a module for that.
Yep I’m in the process of designing one for my aftermarket rails thet will simulate the floating factory set up. I’ll certainly post it if it ends up working to help those in need.

OP
OP
swanarg

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
woooooohooooooo! alright guys I did it. It works flawlessly now. in short I fabricated a bracket to attach to the seat and aftermarket rail that mimics the factory setup to a tee. I did not take any photos. I will do so hopefully tomorrow so that you can see what I did. I will do my best to list the things I purchased that made it all possible. Man what a head ache getting to this point. I wish I would have just started with the idea that I would have to recreated the factory setup and adapt it to the aftermarket rail. oh well, a good learning experience for sure and now once I get it up you guys will be able to keep your passenger airbag working properly also.

OP
OP
swanarg

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
woooooohooooooo! alright guys I did it. It works flawlessly now. in short I fabricated a bracket to attach to the seat and aftermarket rail that mimics the factory setup to a tee. I did not take any photos. I will do so hopefully tomorrow so that you can see what I did. I will do my best to list the things I purchased that made it all possible. Man what a head ache getting to this point. I wish I would have just started with the idea that I would have to recreated the factory setup and adapt it to the aftermarket rail. oh well, a good learning experience for sure and now once I get it up you guys will be able to keep your passenger airbag working properly also.

alright guys, I made a post on the Si forum outlining what I did. here it is

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-seats-and-srs.47136/post-968119

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Seat Passenger Airbag Weight Sensor Solution image_67208193.JPG
Sponsored