Aftermarket resonator on muffler delete?

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a Civic EX hatchback, and I have a muffler delete. I'd like to know if anyone has done any aftermarket resonators on their civic, and also what anyone recommends as a good sounding aftermarket resonator that doesn't have alot of drone at high speeds. Thanks!
Sponsored

TehLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic FK7
Country flag
I have a Civic EX hatchback, and I have a muffler delete. I'd like to know if anyone has done any aftermarket resonators on their civic, and also what anyone recommends as a good sounding aftermarket resonator that doesn't have alot of drone at high speeds. Thanks!
I have a muffler delete with custom tips from a local exhaust shop. I recently changed the stock resonator to the bottle style Vibrant resonator. I'd say the drone stays at the same RPMs as with the stock resonator ~1800-2000 and ~3800-4000-ish. The drone is a little louder but is tolerable if you're fine with the muffler delete drone right now. I do love the sound of my exhaust more now, it has a way better tone. If you're worried about the drone there is an ultra-quiet version which I tried at the shop but the difference was too minimal from the stock resonator.

OP
OP
Kingtut1994

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a muffler delete with custom tips from a local exhaust shop. I recently changed the stock resonator to the bottle style Vibrant resonator. I'd say the drone stays at the same RPMs as with the stock resonator ~1800-2000 and ~3800-4000-ish. The drone is a little louder but is tolerable if you're fine with the muffler delete drone right now. I do love the sound of my exhaust more now, it has a way better tone. If you're worried about the drone there is an ultra-quiet version which I tried at the shop but the difference was too minimal from the stock resonator.
I was actually considering the vibrant one. What size inlet and outlets is it? 2.25"?

YellowShinobi77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks for the info! I currently have a catless downpipe and a muffler delete on my fk7. I like the tone, however it drones too much on the inside, forcing me to drive lighter on the gas pedal when with others. I'm going to be installing a second resonator to help combat the drone while still having the same tone ideally!
Sponsored