Aftermarket LED Low Beam Adjustment

Dav3528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Civic Si
Hello all,

I recently installed the Opt 7 H11 LED bulbs on my 2018 Civic si after reading about them on here. I drove home in the dark for the first time after install and noticed they were pointing lower than I wanted. (Lighting up people's exhaust pipes at red lights instead of there bumpers/trunks). I just tried to adjust them per some videos I found but I tried going both ways and saw no change in the lighting area. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to properly adjust the fixtures up and down?
Sponsored

wEaK Squad

*ATL*
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP FK8
Country flag
2 things:

1. I’ve never seen a bulb replacement (assuming they’re the proper bulb for the housing) require the headlights to need adjustment. I’d double check the bulbs are installed correctly

2. A simple way to see how your lights are adjusted. On a flat surface, shine your lights on a wall from about 8 feet away. Reverse the vehicle slowly a few feet. If the beam moves downward/upward then the lights need adjusted accordingly.

amped_imports

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si , 2003 S2000
Country flag
From what I understand the issue comes with the location of the LED's when the bulbs are in the secured position. You'll want the LED's to be facing the horizontally and not vertically. I believe the logic is the light then doesn't really bounce up and down and goes more to the sides. (could be wrong)

I'd start there and see what you can do. What I did was adjusted my LED's to match the original bulbs and the key way orientation since you can't see the bulb very well through the projector. I'm not sure if you can adjust the beam with the OPT7's. I know with the PIAA's I went with you could.

Hope this helps!

jng1226

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello all,

I recently installed the Opt 7 H11 LED bulbs on my 2018 Civic si after reading about them on here. I drove home in the dark for the first time after install and noticed they were pointing lower than I wanted. (Lighting up people's exhaust pipes at red lights instead of there bumpers/trunks). I just tried to adjust them per some videos I found but I tried going both ways and saw no change in the lighting area. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to properly adjust the fixtures up and down?
I was considering getting these same LED bulbs for my 2018 Civic Si as well. Were you able to resolve the aiming issue and are you satisfied with them? Thanks

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Duramax, 2015 Honda Accord EX-L
Country flag
I installed the Beamtech LED bulbs in fog, high, and low without any issues. I did have to make some adjustments to the bulbs when I installed them in my wife's accord for the high beam, so the leds were facing side to side and not up and down. I have the Beamtech bulbs in all 3 of our vehicles without any complaints.
Sponsored