jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring Hatch
Country flag
Hello fellow civic friends, I know there have been plenty of posts about this, but mine is a specific issue. I'm currently replacing the headunit on my 2017 Civic Sport Touring because my OEM one went to absolute ****. Now, my new display hooked up everything fine (right cam works, reverse, gauge cluster, etc..). Now, I just can't get audio. I can grab pictures if they are needed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Are you bypassing the Touring amp? You have to use the amp built in the new HU or another amp.

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you bypassing the Touring amp? You have to use the amp built in the new HU or another amp.
The unit has an amp built into it but none of the harness' fit the OEM one. This is the response I got from them "Please splice/tap a wire into the factory harnesses light blue wire to the blue antenna wire on the harness provided with the unit, once that is done you will have sound."

If this is going to become too complicated, I guess I'll have to live with my crashing headunit until I can find one that is compatible with the premium audio systems.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
In my moderate experience; the light blue wire is usually the 'stand by' power wire. And lots of stuff won't work without it being connected.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Which aftermarket radio are you using? I know Joying seems to be the only one that has the correct harness that works with the premium touring amplifier. You usually have to request it specially (harness choice 3 they offer).

Here is my Joying with the special harness and car setting choice.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Headunit and Premium Audio System 43235552-29F7-46ED-9744-81FF89FD3627
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Headunit and Premium Audio System D9F93B0B-3DBD-418A-A723-24E89B54B307
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Headunit and Premium Audio System 5B3F41F9-3E1D-438E-905B-81F43E294327

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which aftermarket radio are you using? I know Joying seems to be the only one that has the correct harness that works with the premium touring amplifier. You usually have to request it specially (harness choice 3 they offer).

Here is my Joying with the special harness and car setting choice.

43235552-29F7-46ED-9744-81FF89FD3627.jpeg
D9F93B0B-3DBD-418A-A723-24E89B54B307.jpeg
5B3F41F9-3E1D-438E-905B-81F43E294327.jpeg
Ahh ok, I was using the AWESAFE system off amazon.ca, although I will be returning it. I just ordered this one from Joying https://www.joyingauto.com/newest-9...ivic-2016-2017-with-carplay-android-auto.html
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Headunit and Premium Audio System Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 10.54.48 AM

I selected Option C which indicated that I have a factory amplifier and also they gave this diagram like the one you provided. I am a bit concerned that it won't work with lane watch but I've seen on YouTube that it comes with the necessary requirements. How are you liking the unit, especially with the AC controls. I don't care too much about anything as long as I get CarPlay lmao.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Ahh ok, I was using the AWESAFE system off amazon.ca, although I will be returning it. I just ordered this one from Joying https://www.joyingauto.com/newest-9...ivic-2016-2017-with-carplay-android-auto.html
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 10.54.48 AM.png

I selected Option C which indicated that I have a factory amplifier and also they gave this diagram like the one you provided. I am a bit concerned that it won't work with lane watch but I've seen on YouTube that it comes with the necessary requirements. How are you liking the unit, especially with the AC controls. I don't care too much about anything as long as I get CarPlay lmao.
I just realized I commented on your other post lmao. You’ll see my pics there, lane watch does work there’s an option to turn it on. And the radio is awesome, minus factory mic not working with it, there’s a buzz/hiss through speakers at any volume (never increases and you can drown it out with music), screen is also too bright at night but I installed an app to lower it more. Wireless CarPlay and the huge screen is so nice. Also EQ is fantastic and the system sounds soooo much better.

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just realized I commented on your other post lmao. You’ll see my pics there, lane watch does work there’s an option to turn it on. And the radio is awesome, minus factory mic not working with it, there’s a buzz/hiss through speakers at any volume (never increases and you can drown it out with music), screen is also too bright at night but I installed an app to lower it more. Wireless CarPlay and the huge screen is so nice. Also EQ is fantastic and the system sounds soooo much better.
I saw haha thank you. I believe you have the bigger 10inch one, I ordered the 9inch one with the volume knob as ordering from eBay to Canada is an absolute nightmare for me every time. So hopefully Joying pulls clutch and sends out the unit in a timely matter. Thank you for the clarification, was the unit just plug and play even with the upgraded audio system?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I saw haha thank you. I believe you have the bigger 10inch one, I ordered the 9inch one with the volume knob as ordering from eBay to Canada is an absolute nightmare for me every time. So hopefully Joying pulls clutch and sends out the unit in a timely matter. Thank you for the clarification, was the unit just plug and play even with the upgraded audio system?
Total plug and play, didn’t even have to connect anything to make reverse camera to work. Some complained they had to tap the reverse signal light wire at fuse box with manual Civics but this worked no problem. I know for me in the US I think I got it via DHL in 3 days. Shipped 2/24 and I got it 2/27. I got it off their AliExpress store.

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Total plug and play, didn’t even have to connect anything to make reverse camera to work. Some complained they had to tap the reverse signal light wire at fuse box with manual Civics but this worked no problem. I know for me in the US I think I got it via DHL in 3 days. Shipped 2/24 and I got it 2/27. I got it off their AliExpress store.
Great, I honestly wish I could receive packages that quick lmao. I ordered directly off the Joying site so it'll probably take around 2 weeks to arrive at my house. Canada is a nightmare with customs and duties, since most packages are usually handed to Canada Post. Which is awful but doable. That's great to hear that it is totally a plug and play, the one off amazon was a nightmare. Cables everywhere and barely had the right connections. It was definitely a hair pulling install.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Great, I honestly wish I could receive packages that quick lmao. I ordered directly off the Joying site so it'll probably take around 2 weeks to arrive at my house. Canada is a nightmare with customs and duties, since most packages are usually handed to Canada Post. Which is awful but doable. That's great to hear that it is totally a plug and play, the one off amazon was a nightmare. Cables everywhere and barely had the right connections. It was definitely a hair pulling install.
Yikes yeah that sucks to hear about shipping up there. I think there’s five connectors and one of them you won’t use. It fits the plug that goes into the actual climate control unit but I def don’t do it because someone else did and pretty sure it fried their gauge cluster. No clue why they have that plug anyways, might be a Japan or Europe thing. Either way good luck!

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yikes yeah that sucks to hear about shipping up there. I think there’s five connectors and one of them you won’t use. It fits the plug that goes into the actual climate control unit but I def don’t do it because someone else did and pretty sure it fried their gauge cluster. No clue why they have that plug anyways, might be a Japan or Europe thing. Either way good luck!
Thank you for all the information you’ve given me. I’m now 99% confident that everything will go smoothly. I really appreciate it, i’ll update this thread once it arrives and I get it installed. Last question i promise, I forgot to ask but does your instrument cluster work fine, with that amazon screen my time was in military and i couldn’t change it?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 6MT (Hatch Sport)
Country flag
I ordered a Joying HU last night. Haven't received any word on shipping time.

Got the one with 8GM RAM + 128 ROM and the knob. Gotta love that knob.

Once installed, I'll see how it sounds before looking into speaker replacement. I'm rocking the stocks for now. No amp.

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ordered a Joying HU last night. Haven't received any word on shipping time.

Got the one with 8GM RAM + 128 ROM and the knob. Gotta love that knob.

Once installed, I'll see how it sounds before looking into speaker replacement. I'm rocking the stocks for now. No amp.
I believe we ordered the same one. The company told me around 3-5 business days for shipping. Hopes are high since i’m quite happy when things just work.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 6MT (Hatch Sport)
Country flag
I believe we ordered the same one. The company told me around 3-5 business days for shipping. Hopes are high since i’m quite happy when things just work.
I didn't receive any info besides the order confirmation, so I emailed support. They responded early this morning stating that units ship in 3-5 working days. I interpret that as leaving the factory/warehouse in 3-5 days. They'll send tracking info then.

I asked whether it's shipping from LA or China. I'll share the response when I get it.
Sponsored