tpntx

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HB
Country flag
This isn't civic specific but I need to get un-confused.
So I got an LX with the U.S. LX radio. As everyone knows there isn't any car info but there is the phone which works quite well.
If I replace this radio with an aftermarket specifically the AX5000 Im not clear what happens with the phone. Lets say I don't want to connect USB and use Android Auto. Does bluestooth work like it always did? What about the OEM MIC does it still work or is it all the mic from the Sony.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This isn't civic specific but I need to get un-confused.
So I got an LX with the U.S. LX radio. As everyone knows there isn't any car info but there is the phone which works quite well.
If I replace this radio with an aftermarket specifically the AX5000 Im not clear what happens with the phone. Lets say I don't want to connect USB and use Android Auto. Does bluestooth work like it always did? What about the OEM MIC does it still work or is it all the mic from the Sony.
Yes the Bluetooth works but Sony radios Bluetooth receive a ton of interference. Also, no the OEM isn't typically retained. There is a post on here in which the OP retained the OEM mic, but if you're having somebody else install it good luck on having them try that. I personally wouldn't do it for a customer, only myself. Cause if it breaks the mic in general it's on me, also I'm more willing to troubleshoot a custom install like that on my own time rather than have to troubleshoot it on my companies time and money when it's a custom thing I decided to do, not a typically offered service.