Aftermarket head unit integration with HONDA (phoenix head unit help)

grahaman27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I have purchased a head unit (from china, not easy to return) - I don't think it comes with full system settings to control things like:

- door lock times, ect
- A/C controls

The Phoenix head units support it I believe. Although, I purchased another brand and am not sure it will support the climate controls and system settings. can anybody who owns a Phoenix provide the apk for climate and system? (Download apk extractor from play store and use it to grab the apk's) much appreciated.

Here is an example I am talking about... would really like to have.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AndyMFLane

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
It comes preinstalled on the unit. I have the sport hatch and it still works with manual controls. The display pops up on the screen if anything of the climate has changed for a brief second. The door locks at speeds and how many clicks it takes to unlock 1 door or all doors is in the system settings.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It comes preinstalled on the unit. I have the sport hatch and it still works with manual controls. The display pops up on the screen if anything of the climate has changed for a brief second. The door locks at speeds and how many clicks it takes to unlock 1 door or all doors is in the system settings.
I am wondering how much of the Honda Apps, the Phoenix unit has "incorporated" into their Honda Comparable Head Unit. ( China has a bad reputation for doing such naughty things !!)
Like: Have they included the FANTASTIC Honda Mp3 player ?? :rofl:
Looks they they have directly lifted the Climate Control app :coffee:

How about all the system diagnostic that are available on the Honda Unit via it's secret (or not so secret now) menus ?

One thing they all do not seem to be able to include is native Android Auto support.
(Google licensing issues ? not that that would bother an China Manufacturer).

It will be interesting to see how close these China Units will get to full system Compatibility with the Honda unit, before Honda or Google start noticing and taking action. :bonk:

AndyMFLane

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
I am wondering how much of the Honda Apps, the Phoenix unit has "incorporated" into their Honda Comparable Head Unit. ( China has a bad reputation for doing such naughty things !!)
Like: Have they included the FANTASTIC Honda Mp3 player ?? :rofl:
Looks they they have directly lifted the Climate Control app :coffee:

How about all the system diagnostic that are available on the Honda Unit via it's secret (or not so secret now) menus ?

One thing they all do not seem to be able to include is native Android Auto support.
(Google licensing issues ? not that that would bother an China Manufacturer).

It will be interesting to see how close these China Units will get to full system Compatibility with the Honda unit, before Honda or Google start noticing and taking action. :bonk:
There are 2 or 3 different loaded players for music, a video player that looks like an old android video player when it was first released. The integration adapter for android auto and apple carplay is a bit clunky. It works well but not perfect. The steering wheel controls for the phone are linked to bluetooth so it does not work with carplay (dont have an android to compare). Outside of that, the EQ is ehh and the power production from the headunit without an exterior amp is laughable. There are required sensors for some of the car data but I don't use my unit for that. You can by a bluetooth OBD tool to transmit data via Torque or some other app though.
Sponsored