Aftermarket Front Pipe Without an Aftermarket Downpipe?

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, I am looking to get a new exhaust in the next few months, and I find that most front pipe back systems are little just a bit too quiet for my taste. Specifically I am looking into the Invidia R400 exhaust. To help suite my preferences, I am considering adding either invidia’s own front pipe or PRL’s 3” front pipe to increase the volume a bit.

So this brings me to my question, is anyone running an aftermarket front pipe without an aftermarket downpipe? Also how much does it increase the volume of the exhaust?

I have not been able to find any sound clips or anything else about this kind of setup. I am considering this as in my situation getting a downpipe is not possible for multiple reasons.
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The front pipe alone will give you some increase in sound, but not as much as the exhaust or downpipe will on their own. My car has a stock DP on a 27won front+exhaust. My wife had a stock DP with a megan racing front pipe and custom exhaust for awhile.

OP
OP
jack.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front pipe alone will give you some increase in sound, but not as much as the exhaust or downpipe will on their own. My car has a stock DP on a 27won front+exhaust. My wife had a stock DP with a megan racing front pipe and custom exhaust for awhile.
Thanks for the info. My car came with a muffler and resonator delete and I’m not looking to quiet it down but rather change the tone.

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I think adding the front pipe made it better, but still wasn't where I wanted it. Needed a resonator added back in. Most people go with vibrant, I used a magnaflow. I was hoping to change the exhaust to 2.5" all the way, but the shop couldn't make the bends around the spare tire well properly.

OP
OP
jack.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think adding the front pipe made it better, but still wasn't where I wanted it. Needed a resonator added back in. Most people go with vibrant, I used a magnaflow. I was hoping to change the exhaust to 2.5" all the way, but the shop couldn't make the bends around the spare tire well properly.
I’m also going to get the invidia r400 along with the aftermarket front pipe so that should tone down rasp and drone.
Sponsored