crvman

First Name
mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda crv
Country flag
Hey so how you end up collaborating your radar or did you end up going to honda, i have a 2017 honda crv with the same issue after an accident
Sponsored

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey so how you end up collaborating your radar or did you end up going to honda, i have a 2017 honda crv with the same issue after an accident
I had to buy a new radar mounting bracket. Did the R&R myself. I forget how much it cost to have them aim it.

cm5157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2011 Ford Fiesta SES
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll sell you mine for cheap.
2 hoods
2 bumper covers
Hey, haven't been on much so didn't see this. How much are you asking for the hood? I'd prefer a black hood buy I can always wrap it. Also, I hope you aren't referring to the warped hood in the picture haha.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
You're in luck, I bought an OEM black hood. I can sell it to you for my cost, $450.

I'm in the Brenham area, about halfway between Austin and Houston.

cm5157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2011 Ford Fiesta SES
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're in luck, I bought an OEM black hood. I can sell it to you for my cost, $450.

I'm in the Brenham area, about halfway between Austin and Houston.
Ah, thanks for the offer but that's a bit steep for me. Your price is totally reasonable for an OEM painted good, but I'm going to cut it up anyways so I'll probably go for the $90 one from RockAuto.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had to buy a new radar mounting bracket. Did the R&R myself. I forget how much it cost to have them aim it.
Can you explain how you mounted the new radar and how you aimed it to get the lights to go away?

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Can you explain how you mounted the new radar and how you aimed it to get the lights to go away?
Ordered a new mount from Honda.
Removed front bumper cover (in hindsight you can probably just use plastic pry tools and take off the plastic cover in front of the radar)
Removed the radar itself with tamper proof torx (I forget what size, it's the torx bits with the hole in the middle)
Safely unplug radar unit itself and set aside (safely)
Then removed like 4 bolts holding the bracket on (10mm my guess - like everything)
Install new bracket and reverse the procedure
Payed Honda the remaining amount for aiming because buying the tools and software needed to aim radar logistically didn't make sense

Side note: I paid the diag fee at first. Honda said I needed a new radar (about $500) and bracket (like $100-$200)

I had to ask if they checked voltage to and from radar... they did not. So they voltage checked everything for free (because that's the diagnostic process that should of been done at the time of first diag)

Voltage was confirmed, thus I knew I didn't need a new radar. The radar wasn't damaged.

Took the hit and paid for the new bracket and installed myself.

Return to dealership and they honored the diag fee towards the repair (likely because they didn't actually diag anything at first)

Probably spent $300 or so for the complete repair

P.S. depending on your year, there are 2 different radar part numbers and are not interchangeable - the connectors are different and I think there's a different communication protocol to PCM and the wavelengths are different. Same bracket though. Can probably find one at a salvage yard or ebay if your trying to save money

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Ordered a new mount from Honda.
Removed front bumper cover (in hindsight you can probably just use plastic pry tools and take off the plastic cover in front of the radar)
Removed the radar itself with tamper proof torx (I forget what size, it's the torx bits with the hole in the middle)
Safely unplug radar unit itself and set aside (safely)
Then removed like 4 bolts holding the bracket on (10mm my guess - like everything)
Install new bracket and reverse the procedure
Payed Honda the remaining amount for aiming because buying the tools and software needed to aim radar logistically didn't make sense

Side note: I paid the diag fee at first. Honda said I needed a new radar (about $500) and bracket (like $100-$200)

I had to ask if they checked voltage to and from radar... they did not. So they voltage checked everything for free (because that's the diagnostic process that should of been done at the time of first diag)

Voltage was confirmed, thus I knew I didn't need a new radar. The radar wasn't damaged.

Took the hit and paid for the new bracket and installed myself.

Return to dealership and they honored the diag fee towards the repair (likely because they didn't actually diag anything at first)

Probably spent $300 or so for the complete repair

P.S. depending on your year, there are 2 different radar part numbers and are not interchangeable - the connectors are different and I think there's a different communication protocol to PCM and the wavelengths are different. Same bracket though. Can probably find one at a salvage yard or ebay if your trying to save money
Thank you for that explanation. Did they tell you how much the aiming cost was in the entire ordeal?
Sponsored