Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I need a new hood after driving over plastic lane divider posts on I-10 (reference picture). I accidentally I dozzed off after a long day at work and a long drive home.

Woke up to me driving in the middle of those things. (I guess KLAS doesn't work at well).

Obviously my hood and bumber cover and messed up horribly. I called the dealership and my friend gave me the lowest price possible of $1,202.42 for the parts, paint would be an additional charge and cost varies from shop to shop.

Has anyone here purchased aftermarket body pieces?
If so, do they fit correctly?

P.S. Two days after this incident many MIL showed up with ACC failure, Collision mitigation problem, Lane departure failure, as well as brake system problem.

Any guess why all these went out after 2 days of driving the car?

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews 20190719_184251

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews 20190719_041013

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews 3847652096_6aba787977_b

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews 20190719_172042_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews Message_1563574895245

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try Craigslist and OfferUp for a used hood. The Christmas lights may need an diagnostic before pinpointing the issue. Is your alignment off? Also check tire pressure and brake lines and front sensors for Honda Sensing.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Try Craigslist and OfferUp for a used hood. The Christmas lights may need an diagnostic before pinpointing the issue. Is your alignment off? Also check tire pressure and brake lines and front sensors for Honda Sensing.
Yea, my alignment sucks. About a month ago I took it to the dealership for an alignment, where I was told it won't track straight and steering wheel will be off-center because the degree difference between caster. Their assumption: bent subframe.

I didn't disclose this in my 1st post. My drivers tire blew out and I swerved into a cement barrier, and dude, did that mess things up. Tore off the bottom drivers side bumper and fender liner. My steering wheel was almost sideways with the car dogwalking!

If I still had the after specs from the alignment Goodyear did, I'd post them. 7 measurements in red and 6 green (had a $59.99 coupon for a four-wheel alignment). Yet, my steering wheel is still off-center and when centered the car pulls (not drift) to the right.

This is a million times better than what it used to be, still something isn't right. My poor car has impacted so many things I'm worried the entire front clip is messed up.

There's a clicking, or thumping, some type of noise when driving over bumps and especially when wiggle the steering wheel L to R. It can still be heard R to L, it's just not as prominent.

Then this lovely incident happened.

I doubt those plastic dividers messed up the alignment, although, it would not surprise me. This car is made from lightweight and thin metal.

Idk, I just don't have cash to throw at it. I literally just paid it off and reduced my insurance to only liability.

Then,

BAM

Life.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Off-center steering wheel will trigger Christmas lights. If the frame is bent, get it straightened first and then do an alignment. Malfunction lights should turn off after these are done.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Off-center steering wheel will trigger Christmas lights. If the frame is bent, get it straightened first and then do an alignment. Malfunction lights should turn off after these are done.
I would agree. However the Mils illuminated after 2 days of driving with plenty drive cycles. I was driving the the highway, MILs came on. Before this happened my front bumper/valence was rubbing on the road.

It makes no sense the PCM would light up MILs after 2 days and tons of drive cycles.

Also, it frustrates me This is as centered as possible. (reference picture below).

You suggest taking it to a body shop have them check the subframe. Idk it costs here, but I definitely don't have $50 for an estimate.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews 20190728_012157

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
I need a new hood after driving over plastic lane divider posts on I-10 (reference picture). I accidentally I dozzed off after a long day at work and a long drive home.

Woke up to me driving in the middle of those things. (I guess KLAS doesn't work at well).

Obviously my hood and bumber cover and messed up horribly. I called the dealership and my friend gave me the lowest price possible of $1,202.42 for the parts, paint would be an additional charge and cost varies from shop to shop.

Has anyone here purchased aftermarket body pieces?
If so, do they fit correctly?

P.S. Two days after this incident many MIL showed up with ACC failure, Collision mitigation problem, Lane departure failure, as well as brake system problem.

Any guess why all these went out after 2 days of driving the car?

20190719_184251.jpg

20190719_041013.jpg

3847652096_6aba787977_b.jpg

20190719_172042_HDR.jpg

Message_1563574895245.jpg

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Looks like it needs about $4500 worth of work to me. Everything ok under the hood from it being squashed down?

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks like it needs about $4500 worth of work to me. Everything ok under the hood from it being squashed down?
Nope, nothing squashed. can't even tell from the inside of the hood there is any damage. the lowest quote is from Maaco, about $1,500 for a new bumper cover, lower grille, and hood + paint.

What trips me out is how all those system failures happened 2 days after the incident ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Nope, nothing squashed. can't even tell from the inside of the hood there is any damage. the lowest quote is from Maaco, about $1,500 for a new bumper cover, lower grille, and hood + paint.

What trips me out is how all those system failures happened 2 days after the incident ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's pretty cheap imo. Lucky. Sometimes they do find more once it is taken apart but I doubt you would in any way be more than 2k then.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
so it's totally possible to fit our bumper inside a sedan

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Exterior Cosmetic Suggestions/Reviews 20191220_084727

cm5157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2011 Ford Fiesta SES
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need a new hood and bumper cover too for my '16 touring, but luckily for different reasons (I want to cut em up with holes/vents for track day cooling). And I'm also from Houston! Though I live in Austin now. Where did you get yours?

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I need a new hood and bumper cover too for my '16 touring, but luckily for different reasons (I want to cut em up with holes/vents for track day cooling). And I'm also from Houston! Though I live in Austin now. Where did you get yours?
Recycle1LLC
Best of luck, I'm having s HARD time finding a decent hood in grey

Bumper i found on OfferUp

What color is your car?

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'll sell you mine for cheap.
2 hoods
2 bumper covers
Sponsored