Aftermarket Android headunit that works with 11 speaker system?

gnagis

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi!
i have bought the Civic Sport PLUS and its a pain using the HU.
looking for an aftermarket HU that can use the cars speakers.
is there anny that supports it yet?

if not, HOW to get it working with a aftermarket unit? do i need 1 amp or 2 amps or what? i have seen alot of diffrent answers.
Sponsored

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on purchasing your Civic. Im in the US and I have a Sport trim Civic which has the 5 inch head unit from the factory. Since then I’ve upgraded my head unit, speakers, added tweeter speakers + subwoofer + 4 channel amp + sound deadening to my doors. In terms of what you’re asking, just verify the aftermarket head unit is compatible with your trim before purchasing it. You’ll also want a dash kit, that way your new head unit will fit into place after installation. I bought a maestro sw and metra backup camera harness for my aftermarket head unit. You shouldn’t need an amp unless you’re trying to also upgrade your entire audio system, If you’re wanting to install the head unit yourself I’d recommend watching some YouTube tutorials to familiarize yourself with what you’re going to need to do, otherwise I’d look for a shop that specializes in car audio work and take it to them so you could get a quote. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction

OP
OP

gnagis

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi,
i have the sport plus in sweden, that means i have the 7" android HU with 11 speakers.
what i have read is that this unit have a digital amplifier? or am i wrong?
and that amplifier makes things a pain what i can read.

SonicGrey.FK7

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on purchasing your Civic. Im in the US and I have a Sport trim Civic which has the 5 inch head unit from the factory. Since then I’ve upgraded my head unit, speakers, added tweeter speakers + subwoofer + 4 channel amp + sound deadening to my doors. In terms of what you’re asking, just verify the aftermarket head unit is compatible with your trim before purchasing it. You’ll also want a dash kit, that way your new head unit will fit into place after installation. I bought a maestro sw and metra backup camera harness for my aftermarket head unit. You shouldn’t need an amp unless you’re trying to also upgrade your entire audio system, If you’re wanting to install the head unit yourself I’d recommend watching some YouTube tutorials to familiarize yourself with what you’re going to need to do, otherwise I’d look for a shop that specializes in car audio work and take it to them so you could get a quote. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction
how did you install the tweeters because im thinking about upgrading the audio system in my FK7 and was going to install them in the sial panel like the civics that come stock with the 7" headunit
Sponsored