Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the title suggests I'm looking for a couple mods to crack the 200hp range on my 2.slow K20C2 engine. I understand the aftermarket support for this engine is quite scarce but I want to ask if anyone has had any luck with some mods besides the ones I already have.

Here are my current performance mods:
RV6 Catless Downpipe
KTuner Base Tune
Invidia Catback Exhaust
AEM 'Cold Air Intake' short ram

I understand the CVT's aren't meant for anything really over 250hp or else I risk transmission failure along with the rods. I'm not looking at running 250+hp unless I do a tranny swap and upgrade some internals.

Aftermarket intake manifolds (besides that K24 swap)? Flex Fuel Kit + injectors? Meth kit? Port and Polish?
Sponsored

Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the title suggests I'm looking for a couple mods to crack the 200hp range on my 2.slow K20C2 engine. I understand the aftermarket support for this engine is quite scarce but I want to ask if anyone has had any luck with some mods besides the ones I already have.

Here are my current performance mods:
RV6 Catless Downpipe
KTuner Base Tune
Invidia Catback Exhaust
AEM 'Cold Air Intake' short ram

I understand the CVT's aren't meant for anything really over 250hp or else I risk transmission failure along with the rods. I'm not looking at running 250+hp unless I do a tranny swap and upgrade some internals.

Aftermarket intake manifolds (besides that K24 swap)? Flex Fuel Kit + injectors? Meth kit? Port and Polish?
You're really tapped out for now I'd get rid of that short ram intake youre more prone to heat soak which robs power...id start doing suspension mods

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Nitrous. But who knows if the internals can take it. If anything maybe a small shot.

I run a meth kit on my SI. Well ran... past tense. Motor blew a rod a few weeks ago xD

OP
OP
Civic_rob

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're really tapped out for now I'd get rid of that short ram intake youre more prone to heat soak which robs power...id start doing suspension mods
I'm buying the FKX Racing Ram Air here soon. Wasnt sure if I had to buy the short ram already. Heat soak is insane at idle with the AEM intake. I have a few ideas how to combat this. I have a vented carbon fiber hood coming and the ram air should reduce it to ambient at least. Consistently 10 degrees higher than ambient which sucks.

OP
OP
Civic_rob

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nitrous. But who knows if the internals can take it. If anything maybe a small shot.

I run a meth kit on my SI. Well ran... past tense. Motor blew a rod a few weeks ago xD
Methanol would be a great way to get that oomph but I'm looking at a long term part solution so to speak like better air flow through the head from a manifold or port and polish head job.

How often did you spray and how much to replace?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Methanol would be a great way to get that oomph but I'm looking at a long term part solution so to speak like better air flow through the head from a manifold or port and polish head job.

How often did you spray and how much to replace?
Contact this company
http://www.4pistonracing.com/4pk20chead2

I was spraying above 15 psi. Using a size 5, 375ml/min nozzle. Used about 1 gal a month

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
How much whp are you putting out rn with all those mods? Just curious

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
I'm buying the FKX Racing Ram Air here soon. Wasnt sure if I had to buy the short ram already. Heat soak is insane at idle with the AEM intake. I have a few ideas how to combat this. I have a vented carbon fiber hood coming and the ram air should reduce it to ambient at least. Consistently 10 degrees higher than ambient which sucks.
Any udpate on the FKX? Ive thought about purchasing this but it seems as if one could furnish one out of some parts from an auto store for much cheaper.
Sponsored