Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I use to get easy 42 - 46 mpg
After the patch the surging is completely gone
But it's very hard to get 40 mph now.
I can see a slight decrease possibly in mpg. But the CVT feels more locked in now and not in la la land like before, makes sense that it's more locked with the engine now will use a little more fuel.

I can still get 5.5L/100 km as advertised, I can also get 8.0L/100km too if I'm mad or driving like an idiot, all depends on how you drive it.
Sponsored

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't think they actually updated it. It stills does it. Which sucks.
You would definitely notice if the update occurred. I would take it back and insist they update your TCM.

x1cmb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
You would definitely notice if the update occurred. I would take it back and insist they update your TCM.
I've tried that. Even after handing the TSB to the manager of the service department, they said they couldn't find the update even after updating their systems. They have ridden with me several times and have acknowledged the surging occurrence, and this most recent time, even brought the computer and mvci and hooked it up to my car to record engine and transmission data when it was occurring to send to the Honda tech line or whatever. When we did that, I noticed that their computer system was actually up to date with what the TSB said, but I couldn't see the software version of the mvci, so I don't know if that's still the actual issue or not.

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
My car is much smoother since the update and I easily get 45-47 highway. I'm happy if it stays this way.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Hello, what are the symptom, Highway,,,street.. etc. Thanks

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
At first glance, it looked like my fuel economy suffered significantly directly after this. I figured a couple of things I could chalk it up to, including traffic and the like. As it turns out, it's because the service department likes to check and correct the tire pressure on all of the tires while it's in there, and:

1) I normally run higher than recommended pressure (still below max, but that).
2) The drive to the dealership plus any test driving they do for the issues means that they're not setting the pressure on cold tires, which means that as they cool, the pressure decreases.

After getting my tires back to where they were before the change, everything looks back to normal MPG, given, with a very small sample of driving to speak to that. Nothing about the software update itself points to a problem with fuel economy from my anecdotal experience, though.
Sponsored