CrisSi

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was watching a YouTube video and I happened to see a Borla Atak exhaust meant for the Type R on an Si. Unfortunately I didn’t get to hear any sound clips but it got me thinking, has anyone on this forum retrofitted after market type r exhausts on their Si? I’ve seen people get the stock type r exhaust on their si so it seems pretty plausible. A tomei on an Si would be pretty cool.
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The Coupe and Hatch (fk7/fk8) share the same exhausts for the most part, just hangers need to be reworked in order for them to fit each other. Sedans will be a bit longer and will require some modifying of the pipe to fit.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
CTR exhausts are generally more expensive, so must be one you really want. Same modifications apply as mounting the factory CTR exhaust to a non.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
CTR exhausts are generally more expensive, so must be one you really want. Same modifications apply as mounting the factory CTR exhaust to a non.
A couple of the exhaust look better from the CTR, the dual tip Greddy is a great option and is fair in expensive for the CTR. The CTR version of the Greddy DDR comes with a resonator too which would help it not be as loud. I could totally see some cases where someone might want to spend a little more for a CTR version. I actually had an Si Coupe Yonaka exhaust on my CTR for a while lol

Ashto713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si
Country flag
A couple of the exhaust look better from the CTR, the dual tip Greddy is a great option and is fair in expensive for the CTR. The CTR version of the Greddy DDR comes with a resonator too which would help it not be as loud. I could totally see some cases where someone might want to spend a little more for a CTR version. I actually had an Si Coupe Yonaka exhaust on my CTR for a while lol

How did the yonaka exhaust sound ? I have one coming in

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Thinking of going down this route for my non-si as i love the hks spec-L for the fk8 and was wondering how i would go about retrofitting this to my non si?

From what i can see the fk8 hanger brackets are opposite way so if it is a matter of modifying these then im happy with that :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate
the response.. soon I’ll see how it sounds catless
Do you still have the yonaka exhaust paired with aftermarket dp? Curious how it sounds like
Sponsored