Country flag

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well then explain the dry fouling on my plugs then? I took it to my mechanic that has worked on all my cars this being my daily. He and I both came to the conclusion that colder plugs would be better. I thought it was quite strange for it to go into limp mode misfire and almost make me crash. not trying to be abrasive but I'm in dire need. I'm running a tune at 24 psi with intercooler CAI and catback running 93 octane. No I am not running lean... I only have 6 thousand miles on this bitch
Lol “6k miles on this bitch.”

lroman15

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
damn I need to replace my spark plugs as well. I’m Showing misfire in all 4 cylinders.... my
Car went into L-mode wouldn’t go higher than 1500k and I had to shut it off and restart it. Then drove home fine but now k tuner shows misfire in all 4. Idle is fine, drivability seems fine I hit 25lbs I hit boost no problem. I put 93 for gas and have a injen cold air, dp and front pipe with ktuner and vits stage 1 tune. The car just hit 1600 miles.

I reflash to stock then re downloaded the tune to see if it was that but I think the damage to the spark plugs is already done.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen After market spark plugs? Screenshot_20180502-114238

Just got these.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Screenshot_20180502-114238.png

Just got these.
How’s the spark plugs. Ordered mine as well, full bolt-ons and getting new spark plugs just for the heck of it. Their description seems like gimmick marketing but does it actually do what it says lol..?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
How’s the spark plugs. Ordered mine as well, full bolt-ons and getting new spark plugs just for the heck of it. Their description seems like gimmick marketing but does it actually do what it says lol..?
I can't tell the difference xD

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Denso has: SXE24HCR8S but good luck finding them, after looking quite a bit found this:

DENSO 3502 which is the ones i just listed above.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
FYI:

Always searching for these as at 30k miles I have noticed a slight stumble, decrease in mpg, and pulled a plug and it looked fairly bad, have been running basemaps, Vit Stage 1, and recently TSP Stage 1 for almost 20k Miles so found this!!!!!

35 bucks shipped for all 4 NGK’s!!!! I will follow up once receive them next week but figured I would share this little Jewel!

Honda Civic 10th gen After market spark plugs? B2D63681-1E38-4A04-BCCB-C27A5F9F4352

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
what are the current choices on spark plug for a 2017 stock Si? Looking for something decent that dont break the bank, I am at 30000km right now

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
what are the current choices on spark plug for a 2017 stock Si? Looking for something decent that dont break the bank, I am at 30000km right now
The same one that has been put on the posts before yours lol

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
pretty irritated by this
Your spark plug's ceramic portions were cracked and broken by improper use of your spark plug wrench, by having your socket tilted off axis at an angle under load.. You need to hold the other end of your ratchet with your other hand in the opposing direction of the lever, to keep the extension aligned in the center of spark plug bore.

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techinfo/troubleshooting/06/index.html

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techinfo/qa/q18/index.html

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Your spark plug's ceramic portions were cracked and broken by improper use of your spark plug wrench, by having your socket tilted off axis at an angle under load.. You need to hold the other end of your ratchet with your other hand to keep the extension aligned in the center of spark plug bore.

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techinfo/troubleshooting/06/index.html

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techinfo/qa/q18/index.html

The plugs have not been removed this is the factory plug. I brought it to the dealer and they removed them.

They stated the plugs were broken by someone else and installed the wrong way.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
The plugs have not been removed this is the factory plug. I brought it to the dealer and they removed them.

They stated the plugs were broken by someone else and installed the wrong way.
If those were your original OEM plugs, they were broken by whoever removed them first... Honda factory engine assembly technicians do not break plugs upon initial installation.
Sponsored