After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip)

Grapesoju88

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback sport touring 2020
Country flag
Can someone confirm with me that we DON'T NEED to remove the OEM lip of the HB sport touring lip to install this lip? Because on all the pictures I can't see the original lip anywhere after the installation of the after market lip.
Sponsored

ICanB23

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Can someone confirm with me that we DON'T NEED to remove the OEM lip of the HB sport touring lip to install this lip? Because on all the pictures I can't see the original lip anywhere after the installation of the after market lip.
Bump.

If anyone can confirm this, I'd like to know as well :)

PMM_FK7

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
It fits over the sport lip but is a bit tight so having an extra hand will help. But for me, on the winglets I was only able to use one screw on each side but it seems secure so far.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to give a heads up. The bayson r lip does not fit correctly on the sport hatch. I had to stretch it pretty good but after some time it started to split. The sport side are wide and causes the lip on the sides to not sit flush on the car. I ended up giving it to a friend who has an si. But if you have a sport can’t recommend it. I will go for the abs dynamics lip the next time.

Section I had problems with.
Honda Civic 10th gen After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip) A1BE89F9-EC12-4420-BCD2-922238777328

you can see previous photos side winglets not flush. If you look at the si it is flush to the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip) CEF66BDA-2589-450A-B98E-914C3CEB30E6
Honda Civic 10th gen After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip) 485C07CC-797C-4C34-9227-2B593526EADE
Honda Civic 10th gen After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip) 52EECB2F-EAA9-475B-BC5A-5E740876D0FD

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just wanted to give a heads up. The bayson r lip does not fit correctly on the sport hatch. I had to stretch it pretty good but after some time it started to split. The sport side are wide and causes the lip on the sides to not sit flush on the car. I ended up giving it to a friend who has an si. But if you have a sport can’t recommend it. I will go for the abs dynamics lip the next time.

A1BE89F9-EC12-4420-BCD2-922238777328.jpeg

you can see previous photos side winglets not flush. If you look at the si it is flush to the car.

CEF66BDA-2589-450A-B98E-914C3CEB30E6.jpeg
485C07CC-797C-4C34-9227-2B593526EADE.jpeg
52EECB2F-EAA9-475B-BC5A-5E740876D0FD.png
Buy an Si oem lip, fits on the hatch and is under $100 if you shop around. Then the bayson lip will fit

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy an Si oem lip, fits on the hatch and is under $100 if you shop around. Then the bayson lip will fit
Agreed. But folks stating it will fit over the sport lip are not completely correct. Figured if I have to replace the oem lip might as well get the abs as it will replace everything on the front.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Agreed. But folks stating it will fit over the sport lip are not completely correct. Figured if I have to replace the oem lip might as well get the abs as it will replace everything on the front.
If you are lowered the ABS lip is not a good option lol. That’s why I’m replacing my ABS lip with a bayson lip. I had the ABS one on for less than a month and it’s been scrapped a good amount

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are lowered the ABS lip is not a good option lol. That’s why I’m replacing my ABS lip with a bayson lip. I had the ABS one on for less than a month and it’s been scrapped a good amount
Good to know. For now I’m keeping it on the sport lip.

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

you can see previous photos side winglets not flush. If you look at the si it is flush to the car
Oh man,
Totally don’t know how I missed your comment/reply ahead of buying one Used from someone. Just did the test fit and noticed the same issue on the winglets... not sure if worth trying to just get it on or sell/give to someone with an Si. Thanks for the info

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man,
Totally don’t know how I missed your comment/reply ahead of buying one Used from someone. Just did the test fit and noticed the same issue on the winglets... not sure if worth trying to just get it on or sell/give to someone with an Si. Thanks for the info
Yes unfortunately due to the sport lip poking out the sides will get in the way when trying to stretch the lip on. Bayson R does sell a sport lip now that fits.

https://baysonr.com/products/copy-o...~md_civic~uc_front-lip&variant=39253927460961

Honda Civic 10th gen After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip) F4F0FC07-9AF6-4598-BE25-6C14A8EDA24B
Honda Civic 10th gen After market lip for civic sport (replaces stock lip) E4F77082-AEE3-4B84-9248-87910B703ACE

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Have you gotten the abs dynamics front lip and installed? I’m having trouble with the guard underneath the the lip on it… the sport touring lip doesn’t fit around it and the one supported by them seems very janky and the holes do not line up anywhere near oem holes… please hit me back

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you gotten the abs dynamics front lip and installed? I’m having trouble with the guard underneath the the lip on it… the sport touring lip doesn’t fit around it and the one supported by them seems very janky and the holes do not line up anywhere near oem holes… please hit me back
I ended up getting the bayson r lip that is made for the sport/touring. One post above. It’s just bolts onto the existing sport lip with self tapping screws. So I can’t really answer the questions on the abs lip. Had it on for at least a year now since I posted on here.
Have thread on it as well.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/bayson-tr-style-front-lip-for-sport-and-sport-touring.62305/
Sponsored

Last edited: