After Market Headunit for the Premium-Audio-System?

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Interested in seeing how/if it's better than the factory infotainment system.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hi there,

i found the following headunit:
https://www.gtacarkits.com/product/android-car-stereo-for-honda-civic-2016-2019/

i was wondering if this one works with the Sport Plus' Audio System?
Since its the Premium-Audio-System out-of-box, i assume its not working due to the optical connection between headunit and the AMP.
is this correct? do we have any alternatives?
Correct -- will not interface to the Honda Premium system AMP.

RED FLAG: GTA Car Kits do not tell you who the OEM is for this Android head unit, and give very few technical details, and most likely you would be paying vastly inflated price for them to provide it all neatly as a "Kit"

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
don't buy it and just wait for some official stuff come out. Personally, as soon as the RR works with our cars I'll be putting this or whatever succeeds it in https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/DMH-WT8600NEX.

For premium though, I don't know if we'll have to bypass our amp or not. I've never seen ads make a fiber optic interface, only metra. We'll see.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
i was wondering if this one works with the Sport Plus' Audio System?
Since its the Premium-Audio-System out-of-box, i assume its not working due to the optical connection between headunit and the AMP.
is this correct? do we have any alternatives?
If you want to JUST replace the headunit, then no.

If you're planning to install a new amp and speakers too, then yes. You'd just install the headunit, run its audio outputs back to your new amp, and run the amp's outputs to your new speakers.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Wow, did not know this was a thing! In that case I'm inclined to agree with kperalta. I'll sit tight and wait. That Pioneer unit looks slick, if it can install while still retaining a "factory-ish" appearance, I wouldn't mind dropping the money on it myself
yeah its an amazing unit, itll be able to retain the on screen climate controls and all vehicle information for the higher trim models :)

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
yeah its an amazing unit, itll be able to retain the on screen climate controls and all vehicle information for the higher trim models :)
But when :( Civic is not listed as being supported yet.

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
But when Civic is not listed as being supported yet.
I actually noticed a fair number of vehicles not supported on their website. Do we know for sure that it'll ever even come to our generation of Civics? Has anyone heard any updates or anything in regards to this?

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made a post about this about a year ago. I DMd them and at the time and they said it’s on the road map but not anytime soon. I’m losing hope. Once the 11th gen comes that’ll be the true test. Wish there was another competitor at this point.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I made a post about this about a year ago. I DMd them and at the time and they said it’s on the road map but not anytime soon. I’m losing hope. Once the 11th gen comes that’ll be the true test. Wish there was another competitor at this point.
There are plenty of other competitors. Metra is a big one. Just nobody has done it yet, because they want to be able to support as many cars on the same platform so they don’t blow more money on R&d then their exec’s like. Once 11th gen comes out, it’ll be the true test, because they’ll be able to possibly work it into the same harnesses and cover those vehicles, too. It will release. Matter of when. Are you saying my cars gonna stop existing when 11th gen releases and I’ll be forced to buy a new one rather than do things to make mine last so they’ll just say fuck the harness all together :(?

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are plenty of other competitors. Metra is a big one. Just nobody has done it yet, because they want to be able to support as many cars on the same platform so they don’t blow more money on R&d then their exec’s like. Once 11th gen comes out, it’ll be the true test, because they’ll be able to possibly work it into the same harnesses and cover those vehicles, too. It will release. Matter of when. Are you saying my cars gonna stop existing when 11th gen releases and I’ll be forced to buy a new one rather than do things to make mine last so they’ll just say fuck the harness all together :(?
metra may do it but all of the new head units support maestro.
I tried to get some steam for us but people don’t care enough to go bug them.

You can still see my post on their wall.
https://mobile.twitter.com/idatalink

people not bugging maestro isn’t going to get them to do it any faster.

We have to show demand for it.
Sponsored