After call, volume stuck at max of 11 (iPhone 11/Carplay)

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I have been having this issue on and off for a couple months. (2017 Civic Touring)

What happens is I will take a call and once I hang up and go back to listening music (pandora, YouTube etc) I am streaming via my phone, the volume wont go any higher than 11. This wont go away until I turn off the car and restart.

I have an iPhone 11 with all the updates installed.

Any idea what is causing this issue?

Thanks!
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I have been having this issue on and off for a couple months. (2017 Civic Touring)

What happens is I will take a call and once I hang up and go back to listening music (pandora, YouTube etc) I am streaming via my phone, the volume wont go any higher than 11. This wont go away until I turn off the car and restart.

I have an iPhone 11 with all the updates installed.

Any idea what is causing this issue?

Thanks!
Have you tried resetting the (carplay?) system instead of just turning the car on and off?

OP
OP

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried resetting the (carplay?) system instead of just turning the car on and off?
No, I have not.

How do I reset the car audio/nav system?

Thanks

YvesSaintJan

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
You need to use the volume control when siri/ calls are in use. It’s a weird quirk that’s you can control volume and Siri voice volume when she speaks to you

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I have not.

How do I reset the car audio/nav system?

Thanks
I'm not sure if it's different for older models, you might have a reset button located on the top of the carplay screen. Should be able to press and hold it.

If it's not there then try pushing in the volume button for a few seconds until "restart" prompts up on the screen

I've run into carplay problems before and that usually fixes it for me

OP
OP

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not sure if it's different for older models, you might have a reset button located on the top of the carplay screen. Should be able to press and hold it.

If it's not there then try pushing in the volume button for a few seconds until "restart" prompts up on the screen

I've run into carplay problems before and that usually fixes it for me
Thanks, I will give it a shot.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Apple’s CarPlay is still a bit buggy on our cars. Just submit a bug report to Apple. There’s not much we can do about it besides unplugging and replugging. We are at apple’s mercy. I still remember back on iOS 13 when CarPlay would break anytime I activated my right turn signal or back up. Sometimes it would crash the unit in that process. I’ve sent in at least 10 bugs I ran into since I bought my car. I think Apple has to create different profiles for every car.

OP
OP

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. I reset the headunit/nav and it seems to be working smooth so far.

Tina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Country flag
Hello, to fix the volume stuck on iPhone 11, you could first force restart the device. Restoring iPhone via iTunes is also a feasible way yet it delete all data on it, so you had better back them up before. Besides, using an iPhone recovery tool is also worth trying as it can fix many different iOS issues without data loss.

yeritan

First Name
Yeri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Country flag
Hi,

If it is the iPhone matter, you can check iPhone issues to fix volume stuck. For example, restart or hard restart is ok. But if still can not fix iPhone volume stuck, you can try an ios tool to fix the issue without data loss.

JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
This is not just an apple issue. I have a 2019 Si with an Android. It is a setting I searched for hours one day trying everything I could find until I found how to fix it. Bad news. It was over a year ago and can't remember what I did and mine reverted back to max vol 11 just the other day now I have to search again and figure out what I did last time to fix it.
Sponsored